Start a Conversation

Unsolved

Z

1 Message

October 1st, 2022 03:00

XPS 8950, Windows 11 22H2, Nvidia driver stopped working

XPS 8950

XPS 8950

I have a relatively new Dell XPS 8950, with an Nvidia RTX 3060 display driver. Yesterday I installed Windows 11 22H2. Today I found out one of my two screens stopped working. Apparently, the Nvidia RTX 3060 device stopped working (with an "error 43"). Windows claims I have the latest updates and latest drivers. Uninstalling the 22H2 update fixed the issue, and everything is working again. Is this a Windows issue, an Nvidia issue, or a Dell issue?

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

October 1st, 2022 05:00

There has been much discussion regarding multiple monitors and 22H2.  Problems have been arising for some time but they should have been worked out.

It is too bad you jumped back to the prior build so quickly, not much we can suggest now.

4 Operator

• 

1.7K Posts

October 1st, 2022 08:00

I'm on an 8940 and had similar problems.

Not the same error though.

If you Google Nvidia error 43 you will get a lot of hits too.

Like these:

https://www.techsupportall.com/how-to-fix-nvidia-error-code-43-windows-has-stopped-this-device/ 

https://www.goodtechmaster.com/nvidia-error-code-43-how-to-fix/ 

Seems to be a common problem?

Also, with 2H22 you do need the latest driver installed, there was a problem introduced with 2H22 that affected some games, and Nivdia released a driver to fix it a few days ago. I'd try installing that and see if it fixes the problem or not?

Otherwise consider following the above links.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

October 1st, 2022 12:00

From Nvidia.com , try the latest 3000-series driver (it should be fixed by now).

Either WHQL Game-Ready driver or the WHQL Studio-Driver.

During install, check-mark the box to do a "Clean Install".

346 Posts

October 6th, 2022 23:00

This behavior can occur for one or more of the following reasons: You may have to install the latest updates for your display driver. Visual effects, or too many programs running in the background may be slowing your computer down. The GPU is taking more time than permitted to display graphics to your monitor.

No Events found!