XPS

Last reply by 12-13-2022 Solved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

1 White and 3 amber flashes

My laptop won't power up. The front light is flashing one white and 3 amber. I know that the battery is full.

How can I get it to start up please.

Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
8 Krypton

A definitive answer requires you to provide the exact model number -- XPS 9333, 9560, etc.  That error can relate to a bad reserve (CMOS) battery, but by itself, that won't prevent powerup so there has to be another issue with the system.
Unplug the system, disconnect the main battery from the system and hold the power button for 30 sec.  Reseat (remove and replace) the memory module(s) if they're replaceable.

Then try powering up again.

View solution in original post

Replies (2)
8 Krypton

A definitive answer requires you to provide the exact model number -- XPS 9333, 9560, etc.  That error can relate to a bad reserve (CMOS) battery, but by itself, that won't prevent powerup so there has to be another issue with the system.
Unplug the system, disconnect the main battery from the system and hold the power button for 30 sec.  Reseat (remove and replace) the memory module(s) if they're replaceable.

Then try powering up again.

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Not sure if this is specific to your laptop model but just had a look at some LED error codes and from what it says it's giving a problem that there's no memory detected. (1 White 3 Amber). Suggesting that there may be a problem with either the motherboard or memory (3 Amber 1 White ) will indicate the CMOS battery being flat

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor