Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

3 Posts

September 27th, 2022 09:00

Crashes/Random Reboots XPS 13 (9310) Urgent help required

XPS 13 9310 2-in-1

XPS 13 9310 2-in-1

I recently got XPS 13 (9310) and at first I did not have this problem but I started to after a month of using it. At first I thought it was due to a loose board or something which I got fixed by putting screws in the back. After awhile I started getting a lot of restarts and crashes. Even while I'm typing this I'm scared it may crash and reboot. Please help, its 2022 and this is a 2020 variant. Had I known I would never have purchased this but this is something I can't go back from. If anyone knows anything please help me out. I first thought it was an issue with the power button.

BIOS: 2.13.0 and had these issues even before that.

Windows 11 - 16GB RAM variant

7 Technologist

• 

12K Posts

September 27th, 2022 10:00

First things first, run diagnostics, F12 at boot, and report here with any errors that you may find.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

September 27th, 2022 20:00

@daudasif wrote:

I recently got XPS 13 (9310)

At first I thought it was due to a loose board or something which I got fixed by putting screws in the back. After awhile I started getting a lot of restarts and crashes.

Huh ? You bought a used XPS-13 (9310) that was missing screws in the back?

3 Posts

September 28th, 2022 15:00

I didn’t find any errors but I did experience reboots during my first quick test. Then I got my 2nd quick test which went fine and had no issues so I moved to the advanced test and turned thorough mode on, it restarted during that and now the BIOS is corrupted, it has reflashed the firmware twice now and it’s not even loading anymore. Nor can I open the diagnostics. 

3 Posts

September 28th, 2022 15:00

They weren’t loose from the beginning. They just fell off. I checked after awhile and they just kept on falling off. I got them replaced twice and now the screws aren’t the original ones

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

September 28th, 2022 19:00

@daudasif wrote:

1. it restarted during that and now the BIOS is corrupted,

2. it has reflashed the firmware twice now and it’s not even loading anymore. Nor can I open the diagnostics. 

1. Yikes

2. sounds like a bad motherboard.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

September 28th, 2022 19:00

@daudasif wrote:

They weren’t loose from the beginning. They just fell off. I checked after awhile and they just kept on falling off. I got them replaced twice and now the screws aren’t the original ones

Hmm. Sounds like maybe it was dropped or improperly serviced early in its life.

That is very un-usually. These are generally very well-built ... like a nice tablet.

No Events found!