XPS

Last reply by 06-20-2022 Solved
Start a Discussion
Community Manager

Headphone not detected when plugged in, what is your go-to fix?

Headphone not detected when plugged in, what is your go-to fix?

Dell-KodySwenson

Social Media Support, Community Manager
#IWork4Dell
Find your Service Tag

Solutions (2)

Accepted Solutions
5 Rhenium

Considering who you seem to be, I am a little confused by the question.  But I normally check to get the Waves MaxxAudioPro utility to operate correctly and then confirm I have that option selected in the advanced settings.

Exactly how that might need to be done can very based on the age of the system involved.

View solution in original post

7 Gold

First thing I suggest is plug the headphones into another device to confirm that the headphones and cable are not defective. After that I usually check with the MS forum as they usually have answers for most common problems such as the thread here. Next step do a search in the forum for the posts by Jim Coates. If anyone has seen problems with audio he has been the go to guy in years past.

And @Saltgrass is spot on since many problems occur due to Waves MaxxAudioPro problems or configurations.

-Forum Member since 2016
-I do not work for Dell
-A user helping other users
-If you like an answer please click on thumbs up
-If a reply is a solution to your problem please click on Accept as Solution
Gaming on a home built with GIGABYTE B560M DS3H AC budget build with an i3 10100
Real work on a Latitude E5430

View solution in original post

Replies (3)
5 Rhenium

Considering who you seem to be, I am a little confused by the question.  But I normally check to get the Waves MaxxAudioPro utility to operate correctly and then confirm I have that option selected in the advanced settings.

Exactly how that might need to be done can very based on the age of the system involved.

First thing I suggest is plug the headphones into another device to confirm that the headphones and cable are not defective. After that I usually check with the MS forum as they usually have answers for most common problems such as the thread here. Next step do a search in the forum for the posts by Jim Coates. If anyone has seen problems with audio he has been the go to guy in years past.

And @Saltgrass is spot on since many problems occur due to Waves MaxxAudioPro problems or configurations.

-Forum Member since 2016
-I do not work for Dell
-A user helping other users
-If you like an answer please click on thumbs up
-If a reply is a solution to your problem please click on Accept as Solution
Gaming on a home built with GIGABYTE B560M DS3H AC budget build with an i3 10100
Real work on a Latitude E5430

Sorry for the confusion on this! Kody and I are running a test event. We will try to mention that in the future. 

Thank you for the great answers!

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor