Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 14th, 2020 02:00

Missing preinstalled software

I thought all the preinstalled software would come back with a factory reset,  but no. 

Is this right? 

• 

25K Posts

May 14th, 2020 05:00

Hi There,

Thank you for contacting us, we see that you have lost everything after reset, and here is details about what Reset can do https://dell.to/3dJwxob

Reset will ideally wipe out everything and would require all of the software and programs to be reinstalled again. 

Also, we see this unit has a basic warranty and software installation is not supported, you may contact our paid support for help in getting everything restored back. ^PM

3 Posts

May 14th, 2020 03:00

Not here... No Dell update, no McAfee, no Mobil connect, Power manager.... 

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

May 14th, 2020 03:00

Welcome to the Dell Community @pierce007 

Yes all Dell software will install.

Any purchased software installed at the factory may not???

Like Office, Adobe, Cyberlink etc.

Best regards,

U2

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

May 14th, 2020 04:00

@pierce007 

Then go to your driver page and install what is needed.

Regards,

U2

August 5th, 2020 05:00

I purchased MS Office Home and Student 2019 and it is not in the digital locker also no MS activation code.  Is the only way to get reinstall through Dell?

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

August 5th, 2020 09:00

I purchased MS Office Home and Student 2019 and it is not in the digital locker also no MS activation code.

=================

Then there is a hidden license-file on your laptop.

Just run the MS Office / Office-365 App . It will see the file and Activate your Office-2019 license. IIRC, it has to be linked to your Microsoft account, and will be from now-on.

May 8th, 2022 13:00

hi. I have the same problem. I do have a warranty. When my friend helped me reinstall my operating system, he chose the wrong reset and instead of factory reset he chose reset and update and I lost my factory image. I did make a usb off my support page and he reinstalled windows 11 and it works fine but is missing all the preinstalled software. I can't even remember all of the programs that were preinstalled but I know mydell, mobile connect, mcafee, supportassistant, etc are a few of the apps that were preinstalled but now aren't. There were quite a few more. I wish to have all of these back or even my original factory image would be even better. Can you please tell me how I can find the preinstalled apps that were on my xps 15 9510 or a factory image put back on? When I try to get mydell and other dell apps from microsoft store, the get button is blank and for some reason I can't download or any dell apps otherwise everything works fine. Thanks

37 Posts

November 30th, 2022 02:00

I think all the people who answered missed the point of the question.

The OP asked why the preinstalled software (My Dell, Dell this, Dell that) is missing in a clean installation. It is obvious that non-Dell software needs to be installed after a re-installation. But why is the Dell software missing? 

5 Practitioner

• 

4.6K Posts

November 30th, 2022 04:00

Similar like Windows reinstallation options, when you perform a retore to factory settings using Dell apps, you must select to keep apps and/or data.

No Events found!