XPS

Last reply by 11-30-2022 Solved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Missing preinstalled software

I thought all the preinstalled software would come back with a factory reset,  but no. 

Is this right? 

Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions

Hi There,

Thank you for contacting us, we see that you have lost everything after reset, and here is details about what Reset can do https://dell.to/3dJwxob

Reset will ideally wipe out everything and would require all of the software and programs to be reinstalled again. 

Also, we see this unit has a basic warranty and software installation is not supported, you may contact our paid support for help in getting everything restored back. ^PM

#IWork4Dell
Find your Service Tag

If still under warranty, click the "Get help now" icon on the right to start a live chat session. To send us a private message, click our DELL-Cares username. Our Forum profile page will then appear. On the right, click "Send this user a private message".

View solution in original post

Replies (9)
6 Indium

Welcome to the Dell Community @pierce007 

Yes all Dell software will install.

Any purchased software installed at the factory may not???

Like Office, Adobe, Cyberlink etc.

Best regards,

U2

Not here... No Dell update, no McAfee, no Mobil connect, Power manager.... 

@pierce007 

Then go to your driver page and install what is needed.

Regards,

U2

Hi There,

Thank you for contacting us, we see that you have lost everything after reset, and here is details about what Reset can do https://dell.to/3dJwxob

Reset will ideally wipe out everything and would require all of the software and programs to be reinstalled again. 

Also, we see this unit has a basic warranty and software installation is not supported, you may contact our paid support for help in getting everything restored back. ^PM

#IWork4Dell
Find your Service Tag

If still under warranty, click the "Get help now" icon on the right to start a live chat session. To send us a private message, click our DELL-Cares username. Our Forum profile page will then appear. On the right, click "Send this user a private message".

I purchased MS Office Home and Student 2019 and it is not in the digital locker also no MS activation code.  Is the only way to get reinstall through Dell?

I purchased MS Office Home and Student 2019 and it is not in the digital locker also no MS activation code.

=================

Then there is a hidden license-file on your laptop.

Just run the MS Office / Office-365 App . It will see the file and Activate your Office-2019 license. IIRC, it has to be linked to your Microsoft account, and will be from now-on.

Registered Microsoft Partner and Apple Developer
- Like many of you, I can appreciate a good game-engine.
- I answer questions here, but I'm not a Dell employee.
- Consider giving posts you like a "thumbs-up"
- Posting models-numbers and software versions speeds trouble-shooting.
- Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

hi. I have the same problem. I do have a warranty. When my friend helped me reinstall my operating system, he chose the wrong reset and instead of factory reset he chose reset and update and I lost my factory image. I did make a usb off my support page and he reinstalled windows 11 and it works fine but is missing all the preinstalled software. I can't even remember all of the programs that were preinstalled but I know mydell, mobile connect, mcafee, supportassistant, etc are a few of the apps that were preinstalled but now aren't. There were quite a few more. I wish to have all of these back or even my original factory image would be even better. Can you please tell me how I can find the preinstalled apps that were on my xps 15 9510 or a factory image put back on? When I try to get mydell and other dell apps from microsoft store, the get button is blank and for some reason I can't download or any dell apps otherwise everything works fine. Thanks

2 Jasper
2 Jasper

I think all the people who answered missed the point of the question.

The OP asked why the preinstalled software (My Dell, Dell this, Dell that) is missing in a clean installation. It is obvious that non-Dell software needs to be installed after a re-installation. But why is the Dell software missing? 

Similar like Windows reinstallation options, when you perform a retore to factory settings using Dell apps, you must select to keep apps and/or data.

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor