Start a Conversation

Unsolved

E

98 Posts

September 24th, 2022 14:00

XPS 13 9315 2-in-1, sleep mode heat issue

I was using my XPS 13 9315 2-in-1 Laptop into tablet mode. I noticed the battery was low. So I put it into sleep mode and plugged it in. I came back a couple of hours later to find that out was very hot all over. Screen was hot, sides were hot, and entire back was very hot. I managed to wake it up and shut it down as well as unplugging it. It took it a few minutes to cool off enough to actually hold it as a tablet. Is this normal or was there a runaway process? How can I tell what caused this overheating?

October 28th, 2022 10:00

I haven't run into that specific issue. But I have run into the issue of closing the folio cover, expecting the computer to go into standby, only to find the battery drained.

1 Message

December 13th, 2022 02:00

I have a XPS 13 9315 2-in-1 Laptop too,  just a week old. It gets extremely hot while charging. I have a support case open with Dell.

98 Posts

December 16th, 2022 02:00

Not sure if it will help but I guess I could open a support case as well. The only way I know to get the device cooler would be to throttle the CPU but that would render it pretty useless for me. My thoughts when I bought this was that there was finally a windows tablet with the muscle to be useful that wasn't a surface. Starting to have a few doubts now. I am still hoping that accessory makers will get behind this device and release some cases and screen protectors for it. 

No Events found!