XPS

Last reply by 09-08-2022 Unsolved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

XPS 13 9360 Charging Stopping and Starting

XPS 13 9360

I have a five year old xps 13 (9360) that will randomly stop charging and then start back up again as indicated by the charging light going off and on. I thought I had a bad battery or charging port so I just replaced both and I updated my BIOS system. Nothing has worked and I'm not sure what to do next. It might possibly be the charging cord, but that is lit up when plugged in. Is there any other possible fix or software update that I need to do?

Replies (3)
8 Platinum

Pretty sure the led on the tip of the cord is separate from the part of the AC-Adapter's SMPS that generates the main voltage.

Check in BIOS, and try changing Battery Charging from Optimized to Standard (or other appropriate one).

Registered Microsoft Partner and Apple Developer
- Like many of you, I can appreciate a good game-engine.
- I answer questions here, but I'm not a Dell employee.
- Consider giving posts you like a "thumbs-up"
- Posting models-numbers and software versions speeds trouble-shooting.
- Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.

Thanks! I switched the battery setting back to standard but unfortunately, it's still not working properly.

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

I have the same problem on a 9360, I have replaced the battery with a new original one a year ago and it is in good health. Since a month, during charging, the charge stop and start randomly. This makes hotter temperature and reduce battery lifespan. I would love to fix this issue asap

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor