Start a Conversation

Unsolved

L

2 Posts

August 15th, 2022 17:00

XPS 13 9360 Charging Stopping and Starting

XPS 13 9360

XPS 13 9360

I have a five year old xps 13 (9360) that will randomly stop charging and then start back up again as indicated by the charging light going off and on. I thought I had a bad battery or charging port so I just replaced both and I updated my BIOS system. Nothing has worked and I'm not sure what to do next. It might possibly be the charging cord, but that is lit up when plugged in. Is there any other possible fix or software update that I need to do?

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

August 15th, 2022 21:00

Pretty sure the led on the tip of the cord is separate from the part of the AC-Adapter's SMPS that generates the main voltage.

Check in BIOS, and try changing Battery Charging from Optimized to Standard (or other appropriate one).

August 16th, 2022 16:00

Thanks! I switched the battery setting back to standard but unfortunately, it's still not working properly.

10 Posts

September 8th, 2022 01:00

I have the same problem on a 9360, I have replaced the battery with a new original one a year ago and it is in good health. Since a month, during charging, the charge stop and start randomly. This makes hotter temperature and reduce battery lifespan. I would love to fix this issue asap

No Events found!