XPS

Last reply by 12-01-2022 Unsolved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

XPS 15 7590, Memory Integrity on causes an inaccessible boot device

XPS 15 7590

Hey all,

Just wanted to report a minor bug with a fresh install on Windows 11 22H2 on XPS 15 7590.

When trying to turn on Memory Integrity under Device Security / Core Isolation, upon next reboot i get a blue screen with Inaccessible Boot Device.

Yes, I'm using the latest Intel Chipset Drivers and XPS 15 7590 firmware.

Yes my Windows 11 is up to date.

<Your purchased 1 year warranty expired on August 2, 2020. DELL-Admin>

Replies (67)
5 Rhenium

When you try to turn on Memory Integrity it does not ask you to check for drivers?

MemInteg.jpg

2 Bronze

I have the same problem. There are no incompatible drivers. 

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

In fact the whole incompatible drivers is missing!missing.jpg

You have to turn it on to check for drivers. 

If you get a Blue Screen if it is on, it may do strange things even when checking for drivers.

If it does show an Inaccessible boot device with Memory Integrity enabled, it may be related to the controller drivers for that drive.

2 Bronze

If I turn it on then restart it, the blue screen occurs that shows "Inaccessible Boot Device". Then the system will restart again then the Memory Integrity will be off.

I don't find any incompatible drivers in the Device Manager.

I have the same exact issue Dell XPS 15 7590

Just so there is no misunderstanding, you do not have to restart the system to check for bad drivers, just turning it on will do that.

So, if I understand correctly, you turn it on and see no indication of bad drivers, it just stays on.  Then if you restart it will get the drive error.  I have no suggestions.

I don't understand how the two situations could be related.  So, you might check with the Microsoft user forums but at least send Feedback to Microsoft.

2 Bronze

I have the same problem. It's not only for Memory Integrity. If you Enable Virtual Machine Platform or Hyper-V or Hypervisor Platform, the system fails to boot and show Inaccessible Boot Device. Once you Disable Virtualization from BIOS, it boots flawlessly.

I believe Enabling Virtualization related service or app changes the Boot configuration and fails to boot.

Can anyone suggest a solution for this. This happens to me after upgrading to Windows 11 22H2

8 Platinum

@Wesleyrpg wrote:

Just wanted to report a minor bug with a fresh install on Windows 11 22H2 on XPS 15 7590.

When trying to turn on Memory Integrity under Device Security / Core Isolation, upon next reboot i get a blue screen with Inaccessible Boot Device.

This bug needs to be fixed.....Thanks

Thanks for the report.

However, sounds like maybe it should be reported to Microsoft as well. If only these Dell's ... might explain why it made it past the beta-testers.

Registered Microsoft Partner and Apple Developer
- Like many of you, I can appreciate a good game-engine.
- I answer questions here, but I'm not a Dell employee.
- Consider giving posts you like a "thumbs-up"
- Posting models-numbers and software versions speeds trouble-shooting.
- Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.
Latest Solutions
Top Contributor