Start a Conversation

Unsolved

3 Posts

June 15th, 2022 15:00

XPS 15 9500 Wifi Killer AX1650s not connecting & very slow wifi

Hello,

I have a XPS15 9500 and it has wifi issues.

It used to work fairly well, but now wifi has become way too slow (2mbps download speed) and wifi hardly connects. 

The wifi router is in my room, so distance to router is not a problem. My other laptop (Surface Pro) gives me atleast 50mbps download speed in the same room

The problem started a while back when I started noticing the slow internet speed, I ignored it thinking it was my connection, but that is not the problem too

I have tried the following but nothing fixed the issue:

- Disabling and enabling wifi from control panel

- Flushing and restoring DNS

- Installed all available updates 

Would anyone help me fix this issue?

7 Technologist

• 

12K Posts

June 15th, 2022 18:00

Do you have Smartbyte installed and running? If so uninstall it and disable it in task manager startup.

23 Posts

June 17th, 2022 02:00

There may be a speed limiting setting in Windows. Has there been a change in the settings inside the router device? Wifi speed settings may be restricted.
Have you done speed tests from different places?
Speedtest.net can sometimes give incorrect results.
Also try:

3 Posts

June 20th, 2022 15:00

No settings changed inside the router

Speed tests from different problems show the same speed

Also tried the websites you gave, still shows very low speed

3 Posts

June 20th, 2022 15:00

I searched all the programs and could not find Smart byte, my guess is that it is not installed?

August 23rd, 2022 17:00

I am also having the same problem. Feel like I've tried everything. Reset my computer. Tried different drivers etc.

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

August 23rd, 2022 17:00

I recall posts about Killer cards blocking access to certain web sites. IIRC, some settings needed to be changed. Try opening Killer settings and disable Killer prioritization engine.

December 19th, 2022 17:00

I have the exact same problem and I'm having no success in solving it.  I contacted Dell support and described this problem to them and they responded that it's a software problem and I would have to pay about $200 to join their support group and get someone to help me.  This is wrong because apparently the network card fused to the board is the culprit. It's a real mean move to not post the fix for a problem of their making.

16 Posts

December 19th, 2022 19:00

Turn off the Intel Killer Prioritisation Engine, and see if that helps (It's in the K icon on the task bar)

No Events found!