Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

5 Posts

June 14th, 2020 11:00

XPS 15 9570, (A7) Me FW Downgrade - Request MeSpilock failed and no audio output device installed

Hi,

Since the BIOS update to 1.16.2, my XPS has problems starting up.

After the Dell logo, the message "(A7) Me FW Downgrade - Request MeSpilock Failed" appears for 1-2 minutes and then he started normally. After logging in, the message "No audio output device installed" appears.

I have already searched for solutions, but nothing helps.

• Downgrading the BIOS
  • Update the BIOS to 1.16.2
  • Intel chipset and Intel Management Engine components are updated

For the audio problem I tried to install the Realtek driver again. To do this, the current one need to be uninstalled and reboot. After the restart the new driver can be installed.

After the restart and before installing the Realtek driver, the audio output is working again and Realtek is not shown in Device Manager. After a few minutes, however, Realtek reappears in Device Manager and the audio output no longer works.

I hope someone can help me, thank you very much.

5 Posts

June 14th, 2020 13:00

I was able to fix the Audio with this Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQmRY4jxtoo

1 Message

November 14th, 2020 20:00

Thanks for linking the video that helped you, it fixed my audio as well. But have you fixed the original BIOS error issue or have you been living with it?

5 Posts

November 15th, 2020 14:00

No I couldn´t find a solution for the BIOS.

6 Posts

November 28th, 2020 12:00

This video was right on point. This solve problem on xps 15 9570. Unlike other solution with device uninstall and reinstall driver, the step with update driver, browse my computer, Let me pick compatible HW, fixed the issue which Dell Support was setup to send MB replacement for. This issue is caused by software upgrades and must be more publicized .

I have not check for (A7) Me FW Downgrade - Request MeSpiLock failed issue yet

Thanks

• 

25K Posts

November 29th, 2020 11:00

Hi,

You are receiving this message as we haven't heard from you in the past few hours. Do write to us when you’re available so that we can continue working toward a resolution.

• 

25K Posts

November 30th, 2020 08:00

Hi
Unfortunately, we haven't received a response from your end
We'll be archiving the case from our end.
Feel free to drop a message at your convenience to reopen the case.
We'll be glad to assist you.
-Supriya

6 Posts

December 1st, 2020 11:00

@DELL-Cares After executing procedure described in the video, audio has been restored, but (A7) Me Fw Downgrade - Request MeSpiLock Failed. The issue with the POST message "(A7) Me Downgrade - Request MeSpiLock Failed" described on this forum and as I understand it might be fixed with enabling Safe Boot in BIOS, however this is not adequate solution and configuration with Safe Boot disabled must be supported, so could you please advise here or in a separate thread for "(A7) Me Downgrade - Request MeSpiLock Failed".

• 

25K Posts

December 1st, 2020 11:00

Hello, 

By default on the computer, secure boot should be on. Have you made any changes to the BIOS and require the secure boot to be off? 

5 Posts

December 1st, 2020 23:00

Hallo,

no i didn´t changed the BIOS, I just updated the BIOS with the Dell Update.

I found it as a solution for my Problem to switch Secure Boot to be off, and after a restart to be on again, but it didn´t worked.

• 

25K Posts

December 3rd, 2020 11:00

Hi
Unfortunately, we haven't received a response from your end
We'll be archiving the case from our end.
Feel free to drop a message at your convenience to reopen the case.
We'll be glad to assist you.
-Supriya

12 Posts

January 21st, 2021 18:00

hi there, I having exactly the same problem since I replaced my motherboard. on first boot it downgraded my bios, second boot windows came up and support assist downloaded and installed the latest BIOS update every boot I get the  A7 ME FW Downgrade Request ME Spilock failed error

service tag

I have tried everything 

Thanks in advance

12 Posts

January 23rd, 2021 13:00

well still the A7 error on bootup

reverted all the way back to bios version XPS_9570_01_10_01 then one at a time back to 17 and still a problem

is there a easy way to reset the NVRAM without having to dismantle this thing again for the 4th time

I'm throwing darts at the wall now... tried all the things mentioned on here.

12 Posts

February 1st, 2021 11:00

finally

after the bunch of stuff i tried previously 

reinstalled Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Driver-and-Management_V7C22_WIN_17.8.0.1065_A05.exe

restart

hold power button down for 60 seconds, you will know its cleared the cmos if it tells you you need to reset date and time

anyway only took 3 weeks for me to finally fix it.... still waiting on a call back from Dell......................................................

5 Posts

February 2nd, 2021 11:00

hi, how do you reset the cmos with the power button? If I hold it my PC is just booting normal Dell wasn´t a big help, they only ask for my Service-Tag, to respond that my warranty is expired.

• 

25K Posts

February 10th, 2021 21:00

To ensure the security of your information, I'd suggest that you delete the post containing any Dell centric information & send us a private/direct message.

No Events found!