XPS

Last reply by 10-01-2022 Solved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

XPS 9310 ssd not showing up after wipe

Hi Guys,

yesterday i wiped the hard drive of my XPS 9310 2-in-1 through the UEFI, as i have done a couple of times before, but when checking the boot options, the SSD wasn't there as an option and when i try to boot i get "no bootable device found" as an error message. Though I can see that it is installed when going into the storage tab.

I have tried to reset the bios/uefi to factory settings, change it from RAID to ACHI,... but i wasn't able to just have it come back as a boot option.

If anyone could tell me how i can add it back in the boot options that would be great!

Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
8 Platinum

@luis with an o wrote:

XPS 9310 2-in-1

1. but when checking the boot options, the SSD wasn't there as an option

2. and when i try to boot i get "no bootable device found" as an error message. Though I can see that it is installed when going into the storage tab.

3. I have tried to reset the bios/uefi to factory settings, change it from RAID to ACHI,... but i wasn't able to just have it come back as a boot option.

If anyone could tell me how i can add it back in the boot options that would be great!

1. Erased drives don't show as bootable.

2. You can use the F12 One-Time-Boot-Menu to boot a Windows-11 Installer flash-drive

3. You can likely use AHCI if you want. If you want to use RAID, Intel-RST/Intel-Optane-MaSM should be installed in Windows.

4. Install Windows to it and make it bootable.

Registered Microsoft Partner and Apple Developer
- Like many of you, I can appreciate a good game-engine.
- I answer questions here, but I'm not a Dell employee.
- Consider giving posts you like a "thumbs-up"
- Posting models-numbers and software versions speeds trouble-shooting.
- Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.

View solution in original post

Replies (2)
3 Zinc

Did you attempt to install an OS back onto the SSD since you wiped it?

8 Platinum

@luis with an o wrote:

XPS 9310 2-in-1

1. but when checking the boot options, the SSD wasn't there as an option

2. and when i try to boot i get "no bootable device found" as an error message. Though I can see that it is installed when going into the storage tab.

3. I have tried to reset the bios/uefi to factory settings, change it from RAID to ACHI,... but i wasn't able to just have it come back as a boot option.

1. Erased drives don't show as bootable.

2. You can use the F12 One-Time-Boot-Menu to boot a Windows-11 Installer flash-drive

3. You can likely use AHCI if you want. If you want to use RAID, Intel-RST/Intel-Optane-MaSM should be installed in Windows.

4. Install Windows to it and make it bootable.

Registered Microsoft Partner and Apple Developer
- Like many of you, I can appreciate a good game-engine.
- I answer questions here, but I'm not a Dell employee.
- Consider giving posts you like a "thumbs-up"
- Posting models-numbers and software versions speeds trouble-shooting.
- Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.
Latest Solutions
Top Contributor