vWorkspace

Last reply by 11-29-2020 Solved
Start a Discussion
3 Silver

Suggest new Mouse pointer for iPad and Android

Hi...been playing around with vWorkspace VDI on ipad and android device for a while now and

would like to suggest a design/feature change to the mouse pointer to help navigate Windows on these devices.

Win7 VDI is better than XP VDI on these devices but still is it possible :-

1. Have a "kind of" closed scissor design ( see below ) , where you have a pointer at one end and 2 "finger" place holder at other end

to control / move and navigate Windows menus , scroll etc.

so... if you keep your finger on the left place holders ..it act as it currently design on the Quest ipad/android Connectors

that is you can move the mouse over items and click.

then with the other finger place holder - press and you get the "right click" option on Windows menu's

and finally - put both fingers on the place holder and this give the feature to allow you to auto scroll up and down menu's

<---------|__________|  (right click place holder )

|__________|  (left click place holder )

prit

Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

No Problem, I figure this way we don't have to ban people from using our software.   : o)

Just be sure to mark your comment as 'Answered'.

_SC

S c o t t  C r e s s

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

User Interface & Graphic Design

Quest Software Inc.

View solution in original post

Community Accepted Solution
Replies (11)

I have no idea if that is possible but it sounds cool!

3 Silver

cheers...

it would make if easy to work with "Windows" on these devices because it behave's

like a true mouse ( if possible... )

ohh also dont forget...

to cater for Left handed people ( like me :-) ..so you could switch the function of the left/right

finger place holder

3 Argentum

I vote for a ban of left handed desktop virtualization users!

3 Silver

Oh cheers,  Dan

you've made me redundant ( one day we lefty's will rule the world !!!!  :-)

I'm left handed but like the buttons the "normal" way round... Guess I'm ambidextrous, so I vote for a ban on left handed and right handed virtualization users!

3 Silver

LoL...

that's not going to work on my "suggested design" because if your left handed you end up have to cross fingers !!!

prit

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Hi Pritpal,
My Name is Scott, I was the one who created the right hand biased mouse cursor. I see your point (snicker) about the pointer not being left handed friendly. I'll talk it over with the programers/project engeneers and see if we can put an option somewhere to trigger a more left handed friendly pointer. 

Thanks for pointing that out!

_SC

3 Silver

Hi Scott...

thanks for that - glad to see "your" happy to take customer feedback, sound's good

appreciated

prit

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

No Problem, I figure this way we don't have to ban people from using our software.   : o)

Just be sure to mark your comment as 'Answered'.

_SC

S c o t t  C r e s s

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

User Interface & Graphic Design

Quest Software Inc.

Community Accepted Solution
Top Contributor
Latest Solutions