Ready for the toughest of environments
No matter how challenging your location or terrain, the rugged, 14" Latitude™ E6420 ATG delivers the durability, productivity, security and convenient manageability you’ve come to expect from the Latitude E-family.
- Featuring 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ processors.
- Durable and lightweight with hard-wearing Tri-Metal™ casing, a powder-coated base and optional reinforced, outdoor-viewable touch screen.
- Backlit keyboard, extended battery life, discrete graphics and media bay options for outstanding productivity
Redesigned for work in your worldRegardless of location or terrain, the durable Dell Latitude E6420 ATG is ready for the toughest of jobs with its top to bottom, stylishly armored MIL-STD 810G-tested Tri-Metal™ design, highly durable powder-coated magnesium base, spill-resistant keyboard and port covers for added protection from dust and weather.
Equipped with an optional easy-to-carry handle, the E6420 ATG makes a convenient travel companion. Its extra-bright 14" HD reinforced display makes viewing outdoors easy while the optional backlit keyboard helps you stay productive when in flight or in low-light settings. The resistive touchscreen offers an alternative to typing for input and responds even when wearing protective gloves.
Just as tough on the inside, the E6420 ATG is packed with quad core processing performance, discrete graphics and long battery life with 4- and 6-cell ExpressCharge™ battery options combined hot swappable USB 3.0, battery, optical and hard drive for outstanding productivity while working out in the field.
As a member of the Latitude E-Family, the E6420 ATG provides extensive durability, go-anywhere productivity, confident security and the efficient manageability you’ve come to expect from the Latitude E-Family.
Design that’s built to lastDoing business today means working anytime, anywhere. You need a laptop to keep up with your work style. Latitude E-Family laptops combine world-class design with durability to perform, wherever business takes you.
- Get protection from harsh environments, including extreme temperatures, humidity and dust, thanks to stringent MIL-STD 810G and IP5X testing and protective port covers.
- Look sharp while working hard thanks to the Tri-Metal™ design and anodized brushed aluminum LCD finish and reinforced magnesium alloy wrapped corners that are tested to endure a 30" drop.
- Worry less about making a mess with the spill-resistant keyboard and LCD protective seal that helps to form a barrier around your LCD panel when closed.
- Appreciate the fine details from strong steel hinges and zinc alloy display latch to the durable powder-coated magnesium underside that helps guard against nicks and scratches.
Confident securityEnjoy seamless integration into your IT environment and rest easy knowing that Latitude E-Family laptops — and your company data — are secure and protected anywhere in the world.
- Know your data is secure with Dell’s Data Protection Encryption and encrypted hard drive options.
- Protect your data from the unexpected mishaps with Dell Fast Response Free-Fall Sensor and StrikeZone™.
- Control who has access to your data with Dell ControlVault™, Dell Data Protection Access, contactless smart card and fingerprint reader login access options.
- Help prevent system viruses and contain data leaks with port control options.
Management made easyManage and maintain your fleet of Latitude E-Family laptops with ease from planning and deploying to ongoing maintenance and support.
- Confidently plan future product roll-outs with Dell Latitude’s long lifecycles, transitions and ImageWatch™ advance look at software and hardware changes.
- Easily customize your laptop with USB 3.0, battery, optical and hard drive internal media module options and upgrade or service key components conveniently via one single access door.
- Know you have a partner with Dell for maintaining and supporting your systems with a wide range of customizable and globally focused service and support and Dell KACE™ easy to use systems management appliances.
- Mobile Intel® QM67 Express Chipset
- Intel® HD Graphics 3000 NVIDIA® NVSTM 4200M (DDR3 512M)
Discrete Graphics with Optimus
- 14.0 HD (1366x768) Wide View Outdoor Viewable LED
14.0 HD (1366x768) Wide View Outdoor Viewable Resistive Touchscreen LED
*Both with impact resistant protective front glass
- DVD-ROM, DVD+/-RW
- Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6205
Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N + WIMAX 6250
Intel® Centrino® Ultimate-N 6300 D
Dell Wireless 1501 (802.11 b/g/n 1x1)
Dell Wireless 1530 (802.11 a/g/n 2x2)
Mobile Broadband* & GPS:
Dell Wireless™ 5630 Multi-mode HSPA-EVDO Mini Card (GobiTM 3000) with A-GPS Dell WirelessTM 5550 Single-mode HSPA Mini Card with A-GPS
Dell Wireless 375 Bluetooth® 3.0
- High Quality Speakers
Stereo headphone/Microphone jack
Integrated, noise reducing array microphones
Optional Integrated FHD video webcam and Dell Webcam Central software
Ports, Slots & Chassis
Network connector (RJ-45)
USB 2.0 (4) – 1 USB/eSATA combo
Stereo headphone/Microphone combo jack
Memory card reader, 54 mm ExpressCard
Docking Connector, VGA, HDMI
1 Full and 2 Half Mini Card Slots SmartCard Reader, optional Contactless
SmartCard Reader/Fingerprint Reader
USB 3.0 Module option via optical bay
Dimensions & Weight:
Starting weight: 2.69kg / 5.92lbs (with 6-cell battery and airbay)
Width: 357.30mm / 14.07 (with port cover)
Height: (front/back) 29.00mm / 1.14 to 37.70mm/ 1.48 (with port cover)
Depth: 246.50mm / 9.70 (with port cover)
- Intel® vPro™ Technology’s advanced management features (optional, requires Intel WiFi® Link WLAN)
Seamless Desktop Transitions: E-Port and E-Port PlusTransition seamlessly to a desktop environment with the new E-Port and E-Port Plus docking solutions featuring true hot docking and undocking capabilities. Both docking solutions provide an expansive compliment of USB, powered eSATA and graphics ports. Connect to networks, keyboards, monitors, and other peripherals quickly and easily instead of attaching cables every time.
Effortless Desktop Flexibility: E-Family Stands TestThe E-View Laptop Stand features enhanced adjustment design, which allows easy movement for both height and distance. E-View Laptop Stand is also a perfect companion to any flat panel. By leveraging the native LCD of your laptop, you can enjoy the productivity gain of an easy dual display setup.
Recent generation Dell flat-panel monitors can be easily mounted on this elegant stand through Dell quick disconnect mount. Third party and older generation Dell flat panel monitors can be mounted through an optional E-VESA® mount adapter.
The E-Legacy Extender can be snapped onto your E-Family notebooks through the docking connector and adds little weight to your system (0.45 lb or 0.21 kg). It is ideal for those who still rely on legacy ports (serial port, parallel port, or PS/2 port) regularly.
Dell ProSupport starts with the Dell ProSupport for IT service model designed for IT professionals like you. Dell ProSupport for IT provides:
- 24x7 direct access to Dell Expert Centers
- Fast-track dispatch for Dell-certified technicians
- Escalation management through Dell’s Global Command Centers
|Speed of Response||Protection||Premium Proactive|
|International On-site* Service* provides service and support for your Dell laptop while you are traveling.|
Specialized On-site Options enable you to augment your daily IT management or tap into specific technical expertise for critical projects when needed. Recommended options for laptops include:
|Asset Management and Protection|
Data Management and Protection
|Enterprise-Wide Contract provides enhanced proactive capabilities through:|
Don’t have an IT staff?
Dell ProSupport for end users is designed for organizations with limited or no dedicated IT staff. End users receive 24x7 direct break-fix hardware support plus "how-to" support on popular software applications such as Norton™ AntiVirus, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Windows Small Business Server, Intuit® QuickBooks®, Adobe® Photoshop® and Adobe Acrobat®.
|Customization and setup|
Our end-to-end deployment services are designed to simplify and accelerate the customization and utilization of your new systems. Dell Deployment Services include everything from order consolidation to coordination of deployment resources.
Dell Managed Deployment Services are for customers who need a complete, end-to-end deployment solution. Managed deployments are useful within complex logistical environments that require a single point of contact.
Custom factory integration
Dell offers custom factory integration services to help accelerate your system deployments. We can perform a range of services, such as custom configuration, consolidation and integration in our factory so that you can deploy your systems right out of the box.
ImageDirect is a web-based, hosted image management service that enables customers to easily create, manage and load custom images for Dell commercial client systems.
Intel® AMT and Intel vPro™ support — Not supported on Latitude 2100. For Intel AMT and Intel vPro customers, new deployment service options such as unique password prepopulation, pre-configured management settings and no-touch deployment can help ease deployment concerns while saving time and money.
Advanced configuration services — Not available on Latitude 2100. With advanced configuration services (ACS), you can save time and resources by selecting various settings during the purchase process. You can choose to partition your hard drive, select boot order, change BIOS settings and modify various standard software configuration settings.
Asset Recovery Services
Asset Recovery Services offers safe and environmentally appropriate disposal solutions for outdated or end-of-life IT assets. This service includes transportation, flexible logistics, equipment processing, detailed data security and environmental reports at an affordable price.