Versatile value in a compact 1U chassis
The PowerEdge R415 is an AMD processor-based two-socket, 1U rack server for small and medium business and data center functions such as IT infrastructure, email, select HPC usage and virtualization needs.
View all options
Business value built in
Efficient from the inside outWe've designed the PowerEdge™ R415 to provide you with a number of time- and energy-saving features.
- Energy Smart technologies — including low-wattage processors, low-voltage dual in-line memory modules (DIMMs) and high-efficiency fans that adjust spin rates according to server workload demands — help you manage power in your specific environment.
- Internal server shrouding and logical component layouts optimize the airflow direction to help cool the server.
- Energy-efficient power supplies use power effectively without compromising business productivity.
- All external ports, power supplies, and LED lights or LCD screens are located in the same area across the PowerEdge™ portfolio to ease usability, installation and administration.
- Compact chassis design helps you utilize space efficiently in your environment.
Easy to manageAs an IT professional, you don't have extra time to spend on routine management and maintenance tasks. That's why the Dell™ systems management portfolio focuses on two core principles to make your life easier: simplicity and cost-effectiveness.
- Lifecycle Controller — integrated on the server, the optional Lifecycle Controller helps administrators perform provisioning functions, such as diagnostics, hardware configuration and system deployment in a pre-OS environment — all from a single interface called the Unified Server Configurator (USC). This helps eliminate excess CD/DVD media and helps get your server up and running fast.
- Dell™ Management Console — enjoy a consolidated view of your IT infrastructure through the Dell™ Management Console, part of the Dell™ OpenManage™ portfolio and included with every Dell™ server.
- Optional interactive LCD screen — the PowerEdge™ R415 features an optional interactive LCD screen at the front of the server to ease setup, monitoring and maintenance. Plain-language diagnosis and a programmable messaging system can help you address issues quickly to simplify day-to-day monitoring.
- Automated updates — to help ensure your systems stay running at their best, automatic update notifications from Support.Dell.com provide you the latest updates for firmware, drivers and BIOS.
- AMD Opteron™ 4100, 4200 and 4300 series processors
- Microsoft® Windows® Small Business Server 2011
Microsoft® Windows® Small Business Server 2008
Microsoft® Windows Server® 2008 SP2, x86/x64 (x64 includes Hyper-V™)
Microsoft® Windows Server® 2008 R2 SP1, x64 (includes Hyper-V™ v2)
Microsoft® Windows® HPC Server 2008
Novell® SUSE® Linux® Enterprise Server
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux®
VMware® vSphere™ 4.1 (including VMware ESX® 4.1 or VMware ESXi™ 4.1)
For more information on the specific versions and additions, visit www.dell.com/OSsupport.
- AMD (SR5670 and SP5100)
- Up to 256GB (8 DIMM slots): 1GB/2GB/4GB/8GB/16GB/32GB DDR3 up to 1600MT/s
- Hot-plug Hard Drive Options:
2.5" SATA SSD, SAS (10K)
3.5" SAS (15K), nearline SAS (7.2K), SATA (7.2K)
Cabled Hard Drive Options:
3.5" SAS (15K), nearline SAS (7.2K), SATA (7.2K)
Maximum Internal Storage:
Up to 8TB*
For information about Dell external storage options, visit Dell.com/Storage.
- Cabled or Hot-Swap options available:
Cabled HD options:
Up to four 3.5" SAS or SATA drives
Hot-Swap HD options:
Up to four 3.5” SAS or SATA or 2.5” SAS or SSD drives
- 1 PCIe G2 slot + 1 storage slot:
One x16 slot
One Storage x4 slot
- Internal Controllers:
PERC H200 (6Gb/s)
PERC H700 (6Gb/s); Non-Volatile battery-backed cache: 512MB, 1G
PERC S300 (software based)
PERC H800 (6Gb/s); Non-Volatile battery-backed cache: 512MB, 1G
External HBAs (non-RAID)
6GB/s SAS HBA
- One Dual-Port Broadcom 5716 Gigabit NIC (total of two 1x GB ports)
- Intel® 10GBase-T Copper Single Port NIC, PCI-E x8
Intel PRO 1000 PT Single Port Adapter, Gigabit Ethernet NIC, PCI-E x1
Intel® Gigabit ET Dual Port Server Adapter, PCI-E x4
Intel® Gigabit ET Quad Port Server Adapter, PCI-E x4
Intel® Ethernet X520 DA2 Dual-Port 10 Gigabit Server Adapter
Intel® X520-T2 Dual-Port 10 Gigabit Ethernet Server Adapter
Broadcom® BCM5709C IPV6 Gigabit Copper Dual Port NIC with TOE and iSCSI Offload, PCI-E x4
Broadcom® BCM5709C IPV6 Gigabit Copper Dual Port NIC with TOE, PCI-E x4
Broadcom® BCM5709C 10/100/1000BASET Quad Port NIC
Broadcom® NetXtreme™ II 57711 Dual-Port SFP+/Direct Attach 10Gb Ethernet PCI-Express Network Interface Card with TOE and iSCSI Offload
Optional add-in CNA or FC HBAs:
BR1020 10G Converged Network Adapter (CNA) – dual port
Emulex LPe11002 FC4 HBA, Dual Port
Emulex LPe1150 FC4 HBA, Single Port
Emulex LPe12000 8Gbps FC HBA, Single Port
Emulex LPe12002 8Gbps FC HBA, Dual Port
Emulex OCE10102FXD, 10G PCI-e FCoE CNA, Dual Port
Qlogic QLE220 FC4 HBA, Single Port
Qlogic QLE2460 FC4 HBA, Single Port
Qlogic QLE2462 FC4 HBA, Dual Port
Qlogic QLE2560 8Gbps FC HBA, Single Port
Qlogic QLE2562 8Gbps FC HBA, Dual Port
Qlogic QLE8152 8Gbps FC HBA, Dual Port
Brocade FC HBA BR815
Brocade FC HBA BR825
- Non-Redundant, 480W (80+ BRONZE)
Optional Redundant, 500W (80+ SILVER)
- Hot-plug hard drives, Hot-plug redundant power, ECC memory, and Quad-pack LED diagnostic or interactive LCD only with hot-swap HDD chassis
- Matrox G200eW w/ 8MB
- 1.69 H x 17.09 W x 24.69 D (in)
43.0 H x 434.0 W x 627.1 D (mm- w/o ear, w/o bezel)
ReadyRails™ sliding rails with optional cable management arm for 4-post racks (optional adapter brackets required for threaded hole racks)
ReadyRails™ static rails for 2-post and 4-post racks
- Dell™ OpenManage™
BMC, IPMI 2.0 compliant
Lifecycle Controller enabled via optional: iDRAC6 Express, or iDRAC6 Enterprise and vFlash
Unified Server Configurator
No other company knows more about storing and protecting information on Dell servers and storage arrays — than Dell. Direct feedback from customers — fueled by the Dell direct model — drives the design and development of a broad range of storage products for organizations of all sizes. Upon consulting with you to understand your operational objectives, Dell can design and deploy a custom storage solution and become a primary contact to assist you with your enterprise applications and information.
|Storage Area Network (SAN): |
A network of shared storage resources
|Network Attached Storage (NAS): |
A storage server that connects to a network
|Disk Storage Arrays: |
Disk enclosures that connect to a server or network
|Disk Backup: |
Disk-based backup and data protection
|Tape Automation: |
Automated tape systems for consolidated backup
|Tape Drives and Removable Disk Drives: |
Tape and Removable Disk Drive devices used to back up and restore information
Dell IT Consulting Services
Dell global infrastructure consulting services utilize skilled solution architects, innovative tools, automated analysis and our own intellectual property to give customers rapid insight into the root causes of unnecessary complexity. We seek better answers than traditional service models, based on our belief that solving problems should not need armies of people. Our strategy is to help customers quickly identify high-impact, short-duration projects that deliver ROI and free up resources to obtain competitive advantage. The result is practical, action-oriented plans with specific, predictable, measurable outcomes. From Data Center Optimization to Server Virtualization to Systems Management, our consulting services help you build a more efficient enterprise.
Dell Managed Services
Dell Managed Services are a modular set of lifecycle services designed to help customers automate and centrally configure, deploy, and manage their day-to-day data center operations. These services extend a customer’s existing on-premise IT infrastructure with off-premise cloud services designed to better address challenges with mobility, highly distributed organizations, security, compliance, business continuity and disaster preparedness.
Deploy — Our factory, remote and onsite installation services for servers make efficient use of your employees' time by helping to speed up activities like configuration, customization and deployment, enabling delivery of systems that are ready to work right out of the box.
Operate — Dell can help optimize your data center operations, including storage, backup and virtual environments by focusing on remote monitoring, reporting and alerts, along with full remote management for storage and backup environments, freeing up IT resources.
Protect — Dell Data Center Backup Management services are available to assist you with reporting to help refine SLA requirements, to provide monitoring to improve process efficiency or for the full management of your backup environment.
Recovery and Recycling — Dell Asset Recovery and Recycling Services help you recover and dispose of owned or leased computer equipment, in a manner that follows EPA guidelines.
Dell ProSupport is a suite of support services that enable you to build the solution that’s right for your organization. Choose support models based on how you use technology and where you want to allocate resources. From the desktop to the datacenter, address everyday IT challenges such as unplanned downtime, mission critical needs, data and asset protection, support planning, resource allocation, software application management and more. Optimize your IT resources by prescribing the right support model.
Dell Management Plug-in for VMware vCenter
What if you could manage your physical infrastructure from your virtual console?
What if you could rapidly and consistently provision hardware and deploy virtual machines from within VMware vCenter?
What if you could reduce the number of steps needed to deploy virtual infrastructure?
With the Dell Management Plug-In for VMware vCenter installed in your VMware environment, you can:
• Get deep-level detail from Dell servers for inventory, monitoring and alerting— all from within vCenter
• Deploy BIOS and firmware updates to Dell servers from within vCenter
• Build hardware and hypervisor profiles and deploy any combination of the two on bare-metal Dell PowerEdge servers without a preboot execution environment (PXE)
• Automatically perform Dell-recommended vCenter actions based on Dell hardware alerts
• Access Dell hardware warranty information online
And, to give you even more power, we deliver our plug-in as a virtual appliance. That makes it easier to deploy and configure and offers integration directly into the vCenter console, providing more information inside of vCenter itself — unlike many other vendors who provide only "link-and-launch" capabilities to point to their own proprietary consoles.
The combination of the Dell Management Plug-In for VMware vCenter and the revolutionary embedded management features offered by Integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC) with Lifecycle Controller in Dell PowerEdge servers gives you an unmatched level of integration between vCenter and your server hardware.