- PowerEdge R740 Server
- Intel® Xeon® Bronze 3104 1.7G, 6C/6T, 9.6GT/s 2UPI, 8M Cache, No Turbo, No HT (85W) DDR4-2133
- No Operating System
- 8GB RDIMM, 2666MT/s, Single Rank
- C7, Unconfigured RAID for HDDs or SSDs (Mixed Drive Types Allowed)
- 1TB 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gbps 512n 2.5in Hot-plug Hard Drive
- 3 Years ProSupport with Next Business Day Onsite Service
- Front drive bays:
Up to 16 x 2.5” SAS/SATA/SSD, max 60TB
Up to 8 x 3.5” SAS/SATA, max 80TB
- Form factor:
- Network daughter card options:
4 x 1GE or 2 x 10GE + 2 x 1GE or 4 x 10GE or 2 x 25GE
Video, 2 x USB 2.0, available USB 3.0, dedicated IDRAC
Direct Micro-USB Rear ports:
Video, serial, 2 x USB 3.0, dedicated iDRAC network port
Up to 8 x Gen3 slots, Up to 4 x16
- Optional LCD or Security bezel
- Titanium 750W, Platinum 495W, 750W, 1100W, 1600W, and 2000W
48VDC 1100W, 380HVDC 1100W, 240HVDC 750W (China/Japan)
Hot plug power supplies with full redundancy Up to 6 hot plugs fans with full redundancy High performance fans available
- Internal controllers:
PERC H330, H730p, H740p, HBA330, Software RAID (SWRAID) S140
Boot Optimized Storage Subsystem:
HWRAID 2 x M.2 SSDs 120GB, 240 GB
External PERC (RAID):
External HBAs (non-RAID):
12 Gbps SAS HBA
- IPMI 2.0 compliant
iDRAC9 with Lifecycle Controller (Express, Enterprise)
Quick Sync 2 wireless module optional
OpenManage Power Center
Nagios & Nagios XI, Oracle Enterprise Manager, HP Operations Manager, IBM Tivoli Netcool/Omnibus,
IBM Tivoli® Network Manager,
CA Network and Systems Management
General-purpose workhorse optimized for workload accelerationMaximize your application performance with the PowerEdge R740 server, which brings you the perfect balance of accelerator cards, storage and compute resources in a 2U, 2-socket platform. With up to three 300W accelerator cards or six 150W cards, the R740 has the versatility to adapt to virtually any application and provides the optimum platform for VDI deployments. The R740 offers up to 16 x 2.5” or 8 x 3.5” drives and iDRAC9, so you can scale to meet demands and simplify the entire IT lifecycle.
- Private cloud
- Artificial intelligence
- Machine learning
Achieve IT transformation with the Dell EMC PowerEdge portfolio
Automate productivity with intelligent, embedded management
Dell EMC automation and intelligent management mean you spend less time on routine maintenance so you can focus on bigger priorities.
- Help maximize uptime with proactive diagnostics and automated remediation that increase productivity up to 90%.*
- Leverage existing management consoles with easy integrations for VMware® vSphere®, Microsoft® System Center and Nagios®.
- Help improve productivity with agent-free Dell EMC iDRAC9 for automated, efficient management.
- Simplify deployment with OpenManage next-generation console and server profiles to fully configure and prep servers in rapid, scalable fashion.
Fortify your data center with comprehensive protectionDell EMC provides a comprehensive, cyber-resilient architecture with security embedded into every server to protect your data.
- Protect server configuration and firmware from malicious changes with new Configuration Lock-down.
- Use system erase of local storage to help ensure data privacy when you repurpose or retire servers.
- Automate updates that check file dependencies and proper update sequence, before deploying them independently from the OS/hypervisor.
- Take control of your firmware consoles with embedded authentication that is designed to allow only properly designed updates to run.