The PowerVault™ 124T tape autoloader's remote management capability enables true, unattended backup.
Tape Backup Technology
- LTO4, LTO5 and LTO-6
Holds up to 16 data cartridges (2 magazines supporting 8 cartridges each)
- Dell™ and x86 IBM and x86 HP Servers
Support for NX4 and other NDMP products
- Native Max Capacity: w/- LTO-6: 40.0TB
- Native Max Capacity: w/- LTO-5: 24.0TB
- Native Max Capacity: w/- LTO-4: 12.8TB
Transfer Rate and Backup Rate
- Native Maximum w/ s LTO-4 120MB/s (432GB/hr)
- Native Maximum w/ s LTO-5 140MB/s (504GB/hr)
- Native Maximum w/ s LTO-6 160MB/s (576GB/hr)
- TTL level, RS4xx serial communication
Not customer installable
- Autoloader MCBF: Greater than 400,000 hours with 100% duty cycle
- Cartridge loading: single front loading slot
Cartridge inventory time: Less than 1 minute, 15 seconds
Manual entry of cartridge to magazine: Less than 1 minute
- SAS(LTO-4, LTO-5, LTO-6)
Dell Supported: 6Gb HBA
- Dell-supported Tape Backup Software:
Symantec® Backup Exec™ for Microsoft® Windows®
- 2U, Rackmount, 1 tape drive
3.4" (h) x 16.77" (w) x 27.52" (d)
8.64cm (h) x 42.59cm (w) x 69.90cm (d)
- Weight with drive: 34 lbs (15.42 kg) without packaging/accessories
5-button with 2-line, 16 character LCD menu display (with backlight)
Operational status LEDs
SAS cable for SAS HBA connect
- 2U, Rackmount, 1 tape drive
Environmental Operating Conditions
- Operating Temperature: 10 to 35° C
Non-Operating Temperature: -40 to 65° C
Operating Humidity: 20% to 80% RH, noncondensing
Non-Operating Humidity: 10% to 90% RH, noncondensing
Power Requirements: 100-240 VAC
Inrush Current: 4.0 A (RMS) for 115 VAC, 4.0 A (RMS) for 230 VAC
Power Consumption: 60 Hz = 75 W; 50 Hz = 80 W
- Supports a single LTO tape drive, designed for nightly backup of less than 3TB
- Ideal for consolidating multiple or remote application servers for unattended, automated backup
- High-density, rack-optimized tape autoloader solution that supports up to 40TB (LTO-6) of native capacity within a small, 2U form factor
- Supports maximum native transfer rates of 576GB/hr (LTO-6)
- Remote Management functionality to deliver reliable backup through any web-based browser
- Simple scalability through the dual-magazine design allowing you to manage eight cartridges per magazine (16 total cartridges per unit, 2 magazines holding 8 cartridges each)
The PowerVault 124T is a tape autoloader that allows customers to maximize their rack-based storage backup within a 2U chassis. Its expandable architecture and magazine design enable customers to quickly manage and replace tape cartridges for growing data center needs. These features also help customers cost-effectively scale capacity to meet future backup and recovery demands. The PowerVault 124T delivers reliable backup through remote management using any web-based browser while featuring seamless integration into diverse operating systems such as Microsoft® Windows and Linux®.
Be Green With TapeWhen factoring in the features and benefits of tape storage — such as reliability, portability, encryption (LTO-4, LTO-5 and LTO-6), and the shelf life (over 30 years) of tape cartridges — it is the perfect solution for your long-term or short-term backup or archiving needs. In addition, when tape media is stored, it does not require energy until it needs to be accessed. By using zero energy when stored, tape is "naturally" Green.
Introducing Dell ProSupportDell ProSupport – Faster, more reliable support services designed to address the technology challenges you face today. This new support portfolio is focused on your needs, time demands and budgets.
Need professional support services that take care of both you and your employees’ IT needs 7x24? Choose Dell ProSupport to get access to a certified technician in two minutes or less.
Got an IT staff? Choose Dell ProSupport for IT and get tech-to-tech support with Fast-Track Dispatch, along with 7x24 access to Dell-certified technicians.
Dell ProSupport Service Model
|Dell ProSupport for IT||Dell ProSupport for Non-IT Professionals|
|Designed for organizations with limited or no dedicated IT staff. |
|Designed to provide tech-to-tech support for IT Professionals, Database Administrators and internal Service Desks or helpdesks. |
Next, Dell ProSupport Options align to the way you use technology – rapidly responding to your needs, protecting your investment, your productivity and your sensitive data, and providing enhanced proactive support services to reduce the risk and complexity of managing your infrastructure.
|SPEED OF RESPONSE||PROTECTION||PREMIUM PROACTIVE|
|Mission Critical - Perfect for server and storage environments where avoiding unplanned downtime and reducing recovery time through priority response are a must. The package includes priority 4-hour onsite service or optional 2-hour response with 6-hour hardware repair, Dell's proven Critical Situation process, and emergency dispatch.|
Data Management and Protection
|Proactive Maintenance - Maximizes the availability and stability of your infrastructure proactively. The package includes a detailed system assessment and implementation of driver or firmware updates and upgrades for your server or storage systems. |
Remote Advisory Options - Provides telephone and Internet access to technical expertise for specialized applications and solutions such as Microsoft Exchange, Virtualization, and more.
|Customization and Set-Up|
Enhanced installation and configuration with Dell professional project management and documentation. A project manager will be acting as the single-point-of-contact for the entire installation project from pre-site audit to co-ordination of the installation and delivery of post-project documentation.
Get the skills you need to keep pace in today's competitive IT environment with comprehensive training and certification courses. Dell offers a vast array of instructor-led classes and online training courses in a range of topics from server maintenance to in-depth technical overview of specific systems.