The PowerVault™ 124T tape autoloader's remote management capability enables true, unattended backup.
- Supports a single LTO tape drive, designed for nightly backup of less than 3TB
- Ideal for consolidating multiple or remote application servers for unattended, automated backup
- High-density, rack-optimized tape autoloader solution that supports up to 40TB (LTO-6) of native capacity within a small, 2U form factor
- Supports maximum native transfer rates of 576GB/hr (LTO-6)
- Remote Management functionality to deliver reliable backup through any web-based browser
- Simple scalability through the dual-magazine design allowing you to manage eight cartridges per magazine (16 total cartridges per unit, 2 magazines holding 8 cartridges each)
The PowerVault 124T is a tape autoloader that allows customers to maximize their rack-based storage backup within a 2U chassis. Its expandable architecture and magazine design enable customers to quickly manage and replace tape cartridges for growing data center needs. These features also help customers cost-effectively scale capacity to meet future backup and recovery demands. The PowerVault 124T delivers reliable backup through remote management using any web-based browser while featuring seamless integration into diverse operating systems such as Microsoft® Windows and Linux®.
Be Green With TapeWhen factoring in the features and benefits of tape storage — such as reliability, portability, encryption (LTO-4, LTO-5 and LTO-6), and the shelf life (over 30 years) of tape cartridges — it is the perfect solution for your long-term or short-term backup or archiving needs. In addition, when tape media is stored, it does not require energy until it needs to be accessed. By using zero energy when stored, tape is "naturally" Green.
Tape Backup Technology
- LTO4, LTO5 and LTO-6
Holds up to 16 data cartridges (2 magazines supporting 8 cartridges each)
- Dell™ and x86 IBM and x86 HP Servers
Support for NX4 and other NDMP products
- Native Max Capacity: w/- LTO-6: 40.0TB
- Native Max Capacity: w/- LTO-5: 24.0TB
- Native Max Capacity: w/- LTO-4: 12.8TB
Transfer Rate and Backup Rate
- Native Maximum w/ s LTO-4 120MB/s (432GB/hr)
- Native Maximum w/ s LTO-5 140MB/s (504GB/hr)
- Native Maximum w/ s LTO-6 160MB/s (576GB/hr)
- TTL level, RS4xx serial communication
Not customer installable
- Autoloader MCBF: Greater than 400,000 hours with 100% duty cycle
- Cartridge loading: single front loading slot
Cartridge inventory time: Less than 1 minute, 15 seconds
Manual entry of cartridge to magazine: Less than 1 minute
- SAS(LTO-4, LTO-5, LTO-6)
Dell Supported: 6Gb HBA
- Dell-supported Tape Backup Software:
Symantec® Backup Exec™ for Microsoft® Windows®
- 2U, Rackmount, 1 tape drive
3.4" (h) x 16.77" (w) x 27.52" (d)
8.64cm (h) x 42.59cm (w) x 69.90cm (d)
- Weight with drive: 34 lbs (15.42 kg) without packaging/accessories
5-button with 2-line, 16 character LCD menu display (with backlight)
Operational status LEDs
SAS cable for SAS HBA connect
- 2U, Rackmount, 1 tape drive
Environmental Operating Conditions
- Operating Temperature: 10 to 35° C
Non-Operating Temperature: -40 to 65° C
Operating Humidity: 20% to 80% RH, noncondensing
Non-Operating Humidity: 10% to 90% RH, noncondensing
Power Requirements: 100-240 VAC
Inrush Current: 4.0 A (RMS) for 115 VAC, 4.0 A (RMS) for 230 VAC
Power Consumption: 60 Hz = 75 W; 50 Hz = 80 W
Global Services and SupportDell offers a wide range of professional services to simplify the assessment, design, implementation, management and maintenance of your IT environment to help you transition from platform to platform.
Dell Support Services
Dell ProSupport offers a suite of support services that enable you to choose support models based on how you use technology and where you want to allocate resources. We recommend Dell ProSupport Plus with SupportAssist for mission-critical systems or Dell ProSupport for premium hardware and software support for your PowerEdge solution. For hyper-scale data centers, we also offer ProSupport Flex for Data Center.
Dell Enterprise Deployment Services
ProDeploy Enterprise Suite* offers a full range of deployment services and professional certifications to help you get more out of your technology starting on day one. Choose ProDeploy Plus for the most complete deployment offer available in the market, ProDeploy for expert configuration and installations, or Basic Deployment for worry-free hardware installations.
Dell Education Services aims to complement your relationship with Dell as a trusted partner by offering Education Services for our own products, for industry leading infrastructure solutions and for the ongoing development of your organization. It is a global organization with local representation, classrooms and web-based training available worldwide.
Contact your Dell representative today for more information or click here.