Scalable 10Gb iSCSI storage.
Consolidate and manage data over your network with simple, affordable and reliable enterprise-level 10GbE iSCSI technology.
Get affordable enterprise-level performanceTake advantage of the enhanced features offered on all PowerVault MD3 arrays, including the latest generation of 10GbE iSCSI models.
- Controller options: 16GB total* for maximized throughput
- Dynamic Disk Pools: Improved DDP functionality that supports 20 disk pools, and can support up to 120 SSDs
- Multi-protocol connectivity from the host: Get 10Gb iSCSI and 12Gb SAS connectivity
- Thin Provisioning: Allows allocating and consuming physical storage capacity as needed in disk pools
- SSD Cache: Increases execution speed of applications by caching previously read data (available with High Performance tier only)
- vStorage APIs for Array Integration (VAAI) support: Allows integration of array commands with VMware in the host environment
- Try and Buy: Allows 90-day trial software licenses for specific software to determine what premium features suit your environment
Protect your dataKeep your valuable information safe with these additional PowerVault options:
- Remote Replication: Replicate data to any global location that includes mirroring thin provisioned pools.
- Snapshots: Easily recover files after accidental deletion or alteration with point-in-time copies of data.
- Virtual Disk Copy (VDC): Enable quick and seamless virtual disk relocation and disk-based backup and recovery with a full, replicated copy of source data.
- Self-encrypting drives (SEDs): Render data useless to unauthorized users with drive-level encryption, even if the drive has been removed from the enclosure.
- Instant Secure Erase: Permanently and securely remove data when SEDs are repurposed or decommissioned.
Spend less managing your data
The PowerVault MD3 10GbE iSCSI array series brings affordability to primary storage and allows you to add capacity and software as needed. It keeps your storage directly attached to your data infrastructure and is compatible with Microsoft® Hyper-V®, Citrix® XenServer® and VMware® ESX. In addition, the MD-series storage arrays support vSphere® Storage APIs for Storage Awareness (VASA). Simplify physical and virtual resource management with MD Storage Manager and PowerVault VMware vCenter™ Plug-In 5.0.
Upgrade with the Premium Feature Key bundles that meet your priorities.
Speed recovery with Dynamic Disk Pools.Dynamic Disk Pools (DDP) protect data by dynamically distributing data across pools of drives. In the event of a drive failure, DDP will identify the critical data and dynamically rebalance the data so the array can return to an optimal state faster than it would in the typical RAID environment. DDP can now support up to 20 disk pools and up to 120 SSDs.
Global services and supportReduce IT complexity, lower costs and eliminate inefficiencies by making IT and business solutions work harder for you. You can count on Dell for end-to-end solutions to maximize your performance and uptime. A proven leader in servers, storage and networking, Dell Enterprise Solutions and Services deliver innovation at any scale. And if you’re looking to preserve cash or increase operational efficiency, Dell Financial Services has a wide range of options to make technology acquisition easy and affordable. Contact your Dell Sales Representative for more information.
MD3800i 10Gb iSCSI arraysSupporting up to 64 hosts with 10Gb iSCSI connectivity, the MD3800i array offers high performance and high scalability, featuring:
MD3820i 10Gb iSCSI arraysSupporting up to 64 hosts with 10Gb iSCSI connectivity, the MD3820i array offers high performance and high scalability, featuring:
MD3860i 10Gb iSCSI arraySupporting up to 64 hosts with 10Gb iSCSI connectivity, the MD3820i high-density array offers high performance and scalability, featuring:
MD3060e expansion enclosureA 60-drive expansion enclosure specifically designed for the MD3 dense array series, the MD3060e5 dense enclosure is an eBOD (expansion bunch of disks), which operate in the same fashion as a JBOD (just a bunch of disks). There are two enclosure management modules (EMM) that allow for management of the expansion drives via the MD3 Dense Array controllers.
Global Services and SupportDell offers a wide range of professional services to simplify the assessment, design, implementation, management and maintenance of your IT environment to help you transition from platform to platform.
Dell Support Services
Dell ProSupport offers a suite of support services that enable you to choose support models based on how you use technology and where you want to allocate resources. We recommend Dell ProSupport Plus with SupportAssist for mission-critical systems or Dell ProSupport for premium hardware and software support for your PowerEdge solution. For hyper-scale data centers, we also offer ProSupport Flex for Data Center.
Dell Enterprise Deployment Services
ProDeploy Enterprise Suite* offers a full range of deployment services and professional certifications to help you get more out of your technology starting on day one. Choose ProDeploy Plus for the most complete deployment offer available in the market, ProDeploy for expert configuration and installations, or Basic Deployment for worry-free hardware installations.
Dell Education Services aims to complement your relationship with Dell as a trusted partner by offering Education Services for our own products, for industry leading infrastructure solutions and for the ongoing development of your organization. It is a global organization with local representation, classrooms and web-based training available worldwide.
Contact your Dell representative today for more information or click here.