Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

1 Message

June 28th, 2019 00:00

Dell Inspiron 7591/7590 Fan Noise?

I’ve now returned my Inspiron 7591 due to the crazy fan noise even at idle. Having been unable to decide on an alternative laptop yet, I was wondering if they are all this bad and if I should try one more. Anyone not got really loud fans on this model? Has the new bios made any difference?

It’s a decent laptop other than that but ruined with worst thermals I’ve experienced in a laptop. My friends XPS 9570 has better thermals and thats saying something. Dell need to redesign their laptops.

1 Message

June 28th, 2019 15:00

My 7590 have the same problem, hope they have a solution, otherwise, I will return it

1 Message

July 6th, 2020 11:00

@kylezeng1 
Do you hear intermittent scratching noises of the fan or do the fans run at full speeds even at idle?

1 Message

August 12th, 2020 05:00

make sure to run compatible software that means if you are running a large task then it takes high CPU usage. then the heat generation will increase, so the fan's speed will increase. close the high CPU usage task.  Reset your laptop if the problem is not resolved.

1 Message

June 1st, 2021 23:00

I've been looking closely to the INSPIRON 7590 series and there is something that came up more than once in the threads that I've read :

- the fan is making some nose, a lot, and not only when gpu / cpu is pushed, even on IDLE it's loud and there is nothing in power management to slow it down

- consequently, the laptop is hot. More than usual because of the small wire rack in front and under.
Some said that it was barely transportable because of the high temperatures (or putting on your lap...)

- The power management on battery is poor and it doesn't adaopt to the needed ressources and it looks like it runs slow even with a i5 / i7th 9th generation and a side CGU;

- finally i've seen only recently the 7591 that seems to only be selling in India. Is there something special about this particular series ?

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

June 2nd, 2021 03:00

Search for "Dell Power Management" in Start
Open and go to the "Thermal Management"
Select the Option "Quiet"
The laptop will become Quiet instantly.
The default setting is set to optimize the laptop.
If you don't have Dell Power Management I think you have to install it

No Events found!