|Description:||This file format consists of an archive of files that may be decompressed to a directory on the hard drive. The installation can then be done from that directory.|
Level of Importance:Recommended
1. Please close other applications before updating the firmware.
2. While the firmware is updating, please do not turn off the computer.
3. Please restart the computer after firmware update is complete.
|Systems Inspiron 14 (1440) Inspiron 1410 Inspiron 1427 Inspiron 1428 Inspiron 1440 Inspiron 1464 Inspiron 1470 Inspiron 14z (1470) Inspiron 15 (1545) Inspiron 15 (1564) Inspiron 1545 Inspiron 1570 Inspiron 15z (1570) Inspiron 1750 Inspiron 1764 Inspiron One 19 Inspiron One 19 Touch Inspiron Zino Inspiron Zino HD Latitude E5400 Latitude E5500 OptiPlex 380 OptiPlex 740 OptiPlex 760 OptiPlex 780 OptiPlex 960 Vostro 1014 Vostro 1015 Vostro 1088 Vostro 1220 Vostro 1320 Vostro 1420 Vostro 1520 Vostro 1720 Vostro 320 Vostro A840 Vostro A860||Operating Systems Red Hat Ent Linux 3 Red Hat Ent Linux 4 MS Windows 7 32-bit MS Windows 7 64-bit MS Windows Vista 32-bit MS Windows Vista 64-bit MS Windows XP MS Windows XP x64|
- AD-7585H 8X 12.7 SATA Trayload DVDRW
Fixes & Enhancements
- Not Applicable
- Enhanced Optical Disk Drive peformance for Inspiron 1464, 1564 and 1764
1. Click the Download File link to download the file.
2. When the File Download window appears, click Save to save the file to your hard drive.
1. Browse to the location where you downloaded the file and double-click the new file to unzip the download package.
2. Specify the location to unzip the files.
3. Click on the unzip button to extract files.
Windows based firmware flash update for AD-7580S
1. Download the "AD-7585H KD03.zip" file.
2. Unzip the file and navigate to the file inside the "WIN" folder.
3. Please make sure you have the administrator right, and double click on "Optiarc AD-7585H_KD03.exe".
4. Click "Run" and then "Yes" to run the firmware flash utility application.
5. Click on "Update" button. This may take as long as two minutes. Please wait for the process to complete.
6. You should see "Update Successful".
7. Windows must restart to complete this operation, please save all data and click on "Yes" to reboot the system.
DOS based firmware flash update for AD-7585H:
1. Unzip the KD03.zip into your bootable USB key.
2. In "Dos" folder, just type "KD03". (Run KD03.bat).
3. Waiting for 2 minutes.
4. You should see "Flash operation complete!"
5. Windows must restart to complete this operation, please "y".
This is an optional process and is not required for the downloading and installation of device drivers from this site.
By downloading, you accept the terms of the Dell Software License Agreement.