Installation Instructions for the Universal (Windows/ DOS) format
- Download file to Desktop
- Use one of the methods below to flash the Bios.
Download file to Desktop
The file 8201-A12.exe is using the Universal (Windows/ DOS) format and is designed to be directly executed from Windows environment.
- Click Download now.
The File Download window appears.
- Click the Save button.
The Save As window appears.
- Select Desktop using the drop-down menu to the right of Save in.
- Click the Save button.
A progress meter moves as the download is completed.
- If necessary, click X in the upper right-hand corner of the Download Progress Window to close it upon completion.
Shut down all other applications prior to running the BIOS update utility. The update utility reboots your system in order to get the new BIOS loaded.
Run the BIOS update utility from Windows environment
Run the BIOS update utility from DOS environment (Non-Windows users)
- Double click the Icon on your desktop labeled 8201-A12.exe.
The Dell BIOS Flash window appears
- Click the Continue button.
The message Pressing OK will close all applications, shut down Windows, Flash the BIOS, then reboot. appears.
- Click the OK button.
The system will restart and the BIOS Flash will be completed.
You will need to provide a bootable DOS diskette. This executable file does not create the DOS system files.
- Copy the file 8201-A12.exe to a bootable floppy.
- Boot from the floppy to the DOS prompt.
- Run the file by typing Y:\8201-A12.exe (where y is the drive letter where the executable is located).
Custom Instructions for 8201-A12-BSU-BDP.exe:
1. This utility should only be used for installing a replacement motherboard. Use of this utility for other purposes may render the current application inoperable. Please consult your support/services before using this utility.
NOTE: In order to create BIOS update media using this package, this file must be downloaded to and executed on a system running Microsoft Windows. This package can be used to create a bootable, USB flash drive or CD.
1. Select the download method you want to use to retrieve the file - either HTTP or FTP.
2. If the Export Compliance Disclaimer window appears, read the agreement and then select either "I agree" or "I disagree".
3. When the File Download window appears, click Save.
4. From the Save As dialog, select a location and a file name then click "Save".
5. If a Download Complete window appears, click Close.
BIOS Update Media Creation
1. Browse to the location where you downloaded the file and double-click it to extract the BIOS update files and start the distribution application.
2. Specify the location to unzip the files and click Unzip to extract files. After the files are extracted, a message should appear indicating that all files were successfully unzipped.
3. Click the OK button to start the BIOS Distri