Manage Your Data Center From One Console Anytime, Anywhere
Easily control multiple servers from a single console with the Dell™ KVM (keyboard, video, mouse) 2162DS remote console switch. Local and remote access to your data center for upgrades and patches simplifies server management and reduces downtime costs.
- Connect devices easily with four USB 2.0 ports, two power distribution units (PDU) ports, and 16 Analog Rack Interface (ARI) ports to access servers and serial devices
- Manage from anywhere with two local users (video head and ACI) and two remote user (using Ethernet or modem connection)
- No tools needed for installation thanks to Dell ReadyRails™ mounting interface
Simplify Your Server ManagementMaximize your business resources with Dell KVM remote console switches (RCSs) with:
- Enhanced firmware and on-board Web interface
- Local and remote access
- Support for Common Access Cards (CAC)
Choose from a number of options to connect to the Dell KVM 2162DS:
- Performance you need — Enhanced 16:10 and 4:3 video display, field-upgradable firmware and seamless integration with Dell servers and accessories.
- Security you depend on — CAC support with encryption for smart cards and password protection for local users.
- High availability — Support for dual power supply units and dual Gigabit Ethernet ports for redundancy.
- Enhanced productivity — At-the-rack access anytime; remote patches and upgrades can be made from anywhere using virtual media.
Flexible and ScalableThe Dell KVM 2162DS can grow with your business, helping to manage up to 256 servers when tiered with additional Dell 16-port KVM console switches. You can also install software and perform upgrades for your data center remotely.
Server Interface Pods The Dell KVM 2162DS is compatible with all available Server Interface Pods (SIPs), including USB 2.0 with virtual media/smart card support for servers and True Serial for accessing serial devices through Telnet/SSH.
Easy installation Enjoy tool-less installation for 0U and 1U rack space with the Dell ReadyRails mounting interface. The device can mount in the front or back of the rack and comes with a blanking panel.
Peace of mind The Dell KVM 2162DS supports Dell and third-party servers and serial devices and includes the technical support and warranty service you need to stay up and running.
Maximum ConnectivityThe Dell KVM 2162DS has sixteen Analog Rack Interface (ARI) ports for connecting to SIPs attached to servers or serial devices and two power distribution unit (PDU) ports for monitoring metered or managed PDUs.
- Five SIPs — PS/2, USB, USB2 virtual media, USB2 virtual media + CAC, and serial — are available to address a variety of connectivity needs for servers and serial devices.
- One SIP can replace a bulky keyboard/video/mouse (KVM) cable by converting the signals and driving them up to 50 feet through a single CAT 5 cable. The SIP cable draws power from the server, and it is designed to keep the server working properly even if the Dell KVM connection goes down.
Easy to ManageManage your data center using the Dell RCS software or the on-board Web interface (OBWI).
- The RCS software is a cross-platform management application that enables you to view and control the Dell KVM and all attached servers. It provides secure switch-based authentication, data transfers and username/password storage.
- The OBWI provides similar management functions as the RCS software. It is launched directly from the switch through a Web browser, and any servers connected to the RCS are automatically detected. The OBWI also supports Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) authentication, which enables permission for multiple RCSs to be managed through a single interface.
The Dell KVM comes ready to use with Dell RCS software and is compatible with Avocent® DSView® 3 management software.