Seamlessly integrate your M-series blade servers
This product is currently unavailable. Please find our recommendation for a comparable system below.
Get enterprise-class performance, improved scalability and easy deployment with the Dell™ 8/4 Gbps FC SAN Module — a flexible, standards-based platform that works seamlessly with your blade servers.
- NPIV standards-based solution ensures connectivity into the SAN infrastructure of your choice.
- Port aggregation capabilities reduce the cost and complexity of deploying M-series blades into existing storage area networks (SANs).
- Support for 8/4/2 Gbps Fibre Channel (FC) SANs provides investment protection for current and future SANs.
Fibre Channel ports
- Up to 16 internal (server) ports and 8 external (SAN) ports. Model ships with 12 active ports enabled (2 external ports with 8Gbps SFP+ modules and 10 anywhere ports) for flexibility and growth based on your fibre channel needs. Port upgrade licenses and SFP+ optics available to utilize remaining 12 ports.
- Connects to any T11 standards-based NPIV FC SAN using 8/4 Gbps HBA mezzanine cards
Flexible connections to multiple SANs through external SAN ports
External Auto-sensing of 8, 4, and 2 Gbit/sec port speeds
Internal speed matching between 8 and 4 Gbit/sec ports
- 8.5 Gbit/sec line speed, full duplex;
4.25 Gbit/sec line speed, full duplex;
2.125 Gbit/sec line speed, full duplex
- 384 Gbit/sec end-to-end (full duplex)
- 700 ns with no contention, cut through routing at 8 Gbit/sec
Maximum frame size
- 2112-byte payload
Classes of Service
- Class 2, Class 3
- F_Port and NPIV-enabled N_Port
- 8Gb SFP+ optical transceivers (single pack)
Port upgrade license (enables additional 12 ports)
- Supported Mgmt Software
Telnet, HTTP, SNMP v1/v3 (FE MIB, FC Management MIB); Auditing, Syslog
SSL, SSH v2, HTTPS, LDAP, RADIUS, Role-Based Access Control (RBAC), DH-CHAP (between switches and end devices), Port Binding, Switch Binding, Secure RPC, Secure Copy (SCP), Trusted Switch, IPSec, IP Filtering
Serial port (RJ-45)
M1000e Chassis Management Controller (CMC)
POST and embedded online/offline diagnostics, including RAStrace logging, environmental monitoring, non-disruptive daemon restart, FCping and Pathinfo (FC traceroute), port mirroring (SPAN port)
Width: 272.75 mm
Height: 32.48 mm
Depth: 307.24 mm
Weight: 4.65 Pounds— without media
Environmental Operating Conditions
Operating: 0°C to 40°C(32°F to 104°F)
Non-operating: -20°C to 70°C(-4°F to 158°F)
Operating: 10% to 90%, non-condensing at 29°C
Non-operating: 5% to 95%, non-condensing at 38°C
Up to 3,048 m (10,000 ft)
Up to 10.668km (35,000ft)
20G for 6ms
50G with a velocity change of 4216 mm/sec squared
Operating: 0.4G at 5 Hz to 500 Hz for 60 minutes
Non-operating: 0.5G at 2 Hz to 200 Hz for 15 minutes; 1.04 grams random for 15 minutes
- DC Input
12V and 3.3V from M1000e blade chassis (shared power supplies)
Simplified networking for your data centerConnect to the Fibre Channel (FC) storage area network (SAN) of your choice while still providing failover and port aggregation benefits that high-density, high-performance data centers require.
The Dell™ 8/4 Gbps FC SAN Module — when combined with an N_port ID Virtualization (NPIV)-enabled FC SAN and any of the Fibre Channel HBA mezzanine cards available for M-Series blades — leverages your SAN fabric management infrastructure and simplifies blade deployment.
Connect without the headaches
- Experience plug-and-play simplicity with enterprise-class FC port aggregation.
- Minimize the number of touches required by storage and networking administrators in blade deployments.
- Integrate Dell M-Series blades into any NPIV-enabled FC SAN infrastructure easily.
- Get the best of all worlds with simplified I/O (input/output) management and beneficial port aggregation.
- Scale as needed from 12 to 24 ports to meet the changing demands of your data center.
- Enable multiple fabric support for you to isolate servers with special bandwidth requirements and connect to several fabrics using a single module.
- Enjoy peace of mind with automatic failover and failback.
- Ensure data security by employing device-based authorization and policy-based control of SAN connections all the way to individual servers and virtual machines.
AssessmentsUsing specialized software, Dell professionals can pinpoint issues and expose flaws in your wired or wireless network. A report will then be issued that includes recommendations on how to improve performance, optimize devices and solutions to other identified problems.
|Network Topology Assessment|
Is your network complex and coiled? Dell can perform a detailed network evaluation to expose design flaws and give you advice on how to architect the future.
|Network Performance Assessment|
Network running slow? We’ll conduct an in-depth analysis to uncover network latency and performance issues of specific servers and applications.
|Wireless Site Survey|
Great wireless connectivity starts with a detailed site survey. Dell can analyze RF interference, identify optimal placement of devices, and recommend the best design.
|Network Security Assessment |
The network is under constant attack. Let our experts examine and uncover any potential holes in the network and provide a comprehensive security design assessment.
DeploymentThe Dell standardized deployment service guarantees that set-up and optimization is done correctly so that you can launch faster and focus on daily business
Mounting and cabling of wired and wireless devices can be tedious and time-consuming. Let Dell install it for you so you know it’s done right.
Setting up network protocols, and policies can be tricky. Dell certified network professionals can configure and optimize your new hardware remotely or onsite.
Dell open systems architecture allows you to interconnect existing network infrastructure from Cisco, HP, Juniper, and others. Our experts will seamlessly weave it all together so you don’t have to.
SupportDell offers a variety of onsite and remote support options that can be added at time of purchase. Dell ProSupport ensures problems are diagnosed and resolved by experts.
|Onsite and Remote Assistance|
Get immediate access to Dell ProSupport professionals who can help you troubleshoot and diagnose issues that may arise in your network.
Free yourself to focus on the business and allow Dell to manage your network with dedicated professional support.
Learn practical knowledge and operational techniques.
ConsultingWhen you need expert technical guidance, you can count on Dell. Our remote consulting team can help solve complex issues no matter where you're located. Plus, you can take advantage of the flexible pay-per-incident option.
Get professional insight with a half-day collaborative whiteboard session to discuss potential improvements. Contact us to request a workshop.
For those times when you need a little extra technical guidance, certified experts are available to discuss system design or help resolve complex issues.
|Available Remote Consulting Services|