Open your options, innovate faster.
Maximize agility and choice with open-standards solutions featuring 10/40GbE switches and third-party OS and software options.
Call for Pricing
|10GbE ports||48 line-rate 10GbE ports||96 line-rate 10GbE + 8 line-rate 40GbE ports in breakout mode|
|40GbE ports||4 line-rate 40GbE ports||32 line-rate 40GbE ports|
|Size||1RU, 1.73” x 17.32” x 18.11” (4.39 cm x 43.99 cm x 50 cm)||1RU, 1.71” x 17.08” x 18.11” (4.34 cm x 43.38 cm x 50 cm)|
|Weight||14.39 lbs (6.53 kg)||16.12 lbs (7.31 kg)|
|Power supply||100 – 240V AC 50/60Hz|
|Redundancy||Hot swappable redundant power|
Hot swappable redundant fans
|Switch I/O bandwidth||1.28Tbps (full-duplex)||2.56Tbps (full-duplex)|
|Latency||Sub 700ns||Sub 600ns|
|Packet buffer memory||9MB||12MB|
|Safety||UL/CSA 60950-L Second Edition, EN 60950-1 Second Edition, IEC 60950-1 Second Edition Including all National Deviations and Group Differences, EN 60825-1 Safety of Laser Products Part1: Equipment Classification Requirements and User’s Guide, EN 60825-2 Safety of Laser Products Part 2: Safety of Optical Fibre Communications Systems, FDA Regulation 21 CFR 1040.10 and 1040.11|
|Emissions||Australia/New Zealand: ASNZS CISPR 22: 2006,m Class A, Canada: ICES-003, Issue-4, Class A, Europe: EN 55022: 2006+A1:2007 (CISPR 22: 2006), Class A, Japan: VCCI V3/2009 Class A|
|Immunity||EN300 386 V1.4.1:2008 EMC for Network Equipment, EN 55024: 1988 + A1: 2001 + A2: 2003, EN 61000-3-2: Harmonic Current Emissions, EN 61000-3-3: Voltage Fluctuations and Flicker, EN61000-4-2: ESD, EN 61000-4-3: Radiated Immunity, EN 61000-4-4: EFT, EN 61000-4-5: Surge, EN 61000-4-6: Low Frequency Conducted Immunity|
|RoHS||All S Series components are EU RoHS compliant|
Reliable switching meets open-source freedom
Designed to ease network fabric orchestration and automation, Dell Open Networking switch solutions are cost-effective, easy to deploy and provide a clear path to software-defined networking (SDN). Key features include:
- 1U, high-density, 10/40GbE, top-of-rack switches
- Choice of Cumulus Linux OS or Big Switch Networks Switch Light™ OS*, as well as Big Switch Networks Big Tap™ Monitoring Fabric application*
- Support for open-source Open Network Install Environment (ONIE) for zero-touch installation of network OS
- Redundant, hot-swappable power supply units (PSU) and fans
- Reversible airflow options
- Low power consumption
Dell ProSupportChoose Dell’s premium support service, ProSupport, for 24/7* direct telephone and online access to advanced-level technicians based in your region. Whether you have one office or hundreds around the world, protect your investments with this simple yet flexible approach.
Dell Networking S4810-ON Open Networking SwitchDeploy modern workloads and applications and have the freedom of open networking using the Dell Networking S4810-ON switch — part of our new disaggregated-hardware/software solution for data-center networking.
The S4810-ON is a high-density, 1U, 48-port 10GbE switch with four 40GbE uplinks that offers ultra-low-latency, non-blocking operation and is designed to ensure line-rate performance. It also supports ONIE for zero-touch installation of alternate network operating systems.
Dell Networking S6000-ON Open Networking SwitchProvide high-density switching for top-, middle- and end-of-rack deployments with the Dell Networking S6000-ON switch — part of our new disaggregated-hardware/software solution for data-center networking.
The S6000-ON switch offers thirty-two 40GbE ports or ninety-six 10GbE ports plus eight 40GbE ports. The S6000-ON also supports ONIE for zero-touch installation of network operating systems.
Cumulus LinuxCumulus Linux is a full-featured networking operating system that enables you to build a modern, scalable and cost-effective data center. Combined with Dell’s open-networking switches, this disaggregated solution offers enhanced manageability, clustering, monitoring and orchestration – many of the same benefits found in virtualized-server environments.
Cumulus OS leverages a large ecosystem of native Linux applications and automation tools, allowing you to adopt innovations and add agility to your data center. Now you can deploy next-generation workloads on feature-rich solutions built on large-scale Clos fabrics and new data-center architectures.
Cumulus Linux 2.0 integrated packages:
- Layer 3 features: Enhanced Quagga IPv4/v6 routing suite (OSPFv2, OSPFv3, BGPv4/v6), Prescriptive Topology Module (PTM), Hardware ECMP Hashing
- Layer 2 features: STP/RSTP, Bridge Assurance, BPDU Guard, VLAN trunks, LACP, LLDP, Ethernet Bridging (VLANs), Link Aggregation (Bonding), IPv6 neighbor discovery, unicast/broadcast, Storm control, Configuring VXLANs, Spanning Tree, Rapid Spanning Tree, configuring switch port attributes, configuring buffer and queue management, virtual router redundancy VRR, IGMP and MLD snooping
- Management: AAA with RADIUS, LDAP, native Linux management tools, image and packet management, Netfilter ACLs
- Monitoring and troubleshooting: PTM, SNMP v2/v3, SPAN/ERSPAN, ACL counters, real time queue-depth and buffer utilization reporting, inventory and log files, ping, trace route, manipulating system ARP cache, traffic generation using mz
- Operating system: Resilient Linux Modular Operating System, zero-touch install with ONIE, in-service software patching, in-service process restart/termination
- Security: ACL, CPU protection
- QoS: CoS based queuing/scheduling (DWRR, strict priority), ingress policing
Big Switch Networks Switch Light OSSwitch Light™ OS* is an SDN operating system that is ideal for building next-generation data-center fabrics. Based on Open Network Linux (ONL), the open-source Linux operating system, Switch Light OS brings modern server or compute models to the network and allows you to adopt a disaggregated-software/hardware solution. It provides powerful automation capabilities that can significantly reduce your operating costs.
Switch Light OS uses ONIE to install onto on-board flash memory and includes standard ONL features such as:
- Debian Linux kernel
- Set of device drivers and installation scripts
- A net-boot-capable, zero-touch networking bootloader
- Enhanced features that optimize headless switch operations
- Ability to increase performance by minimizing writes to flash memory
Big Switch Networks Big Tap Monitoring FabricBig Tap™ Monitoring Fabric* is an innovative network monitoring solution that allows you to tap traffic anywhere in the network and deliver it to troubleshooting, network monitoring, application-performance monitoring or security tools. It offers a practical, cost-effective entry point for SDN and provides optimal visibility and scalability.
At the core of the Big Tap Monitoring Fabric is the Big Tap Controller. This software compiles user-defined policies into optimized flows that are programmed into the forwarding ASICs of "non-OS" switches running the Switch Light™ OS.
Big Tap Monitoring Fabric features:
|Security features and controlled administrative access|
|High performance, highly scalable network-monitoring fabric|