Open your choices, innovate faster.
Maximize agility and choice with a full portfolio of 1/10GbE and 10/40GbE open networking switches, disaggregated OS including third-party OS, and software options.
- Starting Price $9505.88
- Total Savings $2856.88
- Dell Price $6649.00
|Line-rate ports||48 x 1000Base-T||48 x 10GbE SFP+ ports||48 x 10GbE SFP+ ports or 72 10GbE ports with breakout cables||32 x 40GbE QSFP+ ports or 96 x 10GbE and 8 x 40GbE ports|
|40GbE ports||4 x 10GbE||4 x 40GbE QSFP+ ports||6 x 40GbE QSFP+ ports||32 x 40GbE QSFP+ ports|
|Size||1RU, 1.71 h x 17.09 w x 12.6" d (4.4 h x 43.4 w x 32 cm d)||1RU, 1.73 h x 17.32 w x 18.11" d (4.4 h x 44 w x 46 cm d)||1RU, 1.71 h x 17.09 w x 17.13" d (4.35 h x 43.4 w x 46 cm d)||1RU, 1.73 h x 17.32 w x 18.11" d (4.4 h x 44 w x 46 cm d)|
|Weight||12.8 lbs (5.84 kg)||14.39 lbs (6.54 kg)||18.52 lbs (8.4 kg)||14.4 lbs (6.54 kg)|
|Power supply||90 - 264 VAC 50/60 Hz||100 - 240 VAC 50/60 Hz||100 - 240 VAC 50/60 Hz||100 - 240 VAC 50/60 Hz|
|Switch I/O bandwidth||260Gbps (full-duplex)||1.28 Tbps||1.44 Tbps||2.56 Tbps|
|Forwarding rate||131 Mpps||960 Mpps||720Gbps||1462 Mpps|
|Switching latency||3.7 microsec for 1000Base-T, 1.8 microsec for SFP+||800ns||sub 600ns||600ns|
|Packet buffer memory||4MB||9MB||12MB||12MB|
Hot swappable redundant power
Hot swappable redundant fans
UL/CSA 60950-L Second Edition, EN 60950-1 Second Edition, IEC 60950-1 Second Edition Including all National Deviations and Group Differences, EN 60825-1 Safety of Laser Products Part1: Equipment Classification Requirements and User’s Guide, EN 60825-2 Safety of Laser Products Part 2: Safety of Optical Fibre Communications Systems, FDA Regulation 21 CFR 1040.10 and 1040.11
Australia/New Zealand: ASNZS CISPR 22: 2006,m Class A, Canada: ICES-003, Issue-4, Class A, Europe: EN 55022: 2006+A1:2007 (CISPR 22: 2006), Class A, Japan: VCCI V3/2009 Class A
EN300 386 V1.4.1:2008 EMC for Network Equipment, EN 55024: 1988 + A1: 2001 + A2: 2003, EN 61000-3-2: Harmonic Current Emissions, EN 61000-3-3: Voltage Fluctuations and Flicker, EN61000-4-2: ESD, EN 61000-4-3: Radiated Immunity, EN 61000-4-4: EFT, EN 61000-4-5: Surge, EN 61000-4-6: Low Frequency Conducted Immunity
All Open Networking components are EU RoHS compliant.
Product Safety, EMC and Environmental Datasheets
Dell Regulatory Compliance Home Page
Dell and the Environment
Made for modern workloadsWith an expanded lineup of open networking switches from Dell, your network is ready to adapt as workloads demand. Designed to deliver low-latency performance and network agility, our 1/10GbE and 10/40GbE top-of-rack (ToR) switches are purpose-built to accelerate applications and improve workload management.
- Accelerate performance with low-latency switches ideal for VM migration, big data analytics and cloud applications.
- Easily deploy and scale with a full switch portfolio that offers flexible configurations and a range of disaggregated OS and software options.
- Minimize operational costs and save rack space with high-density, 1U switches and Linux or OpenSource-based management tools.
Optimized for the open networking eraGet more agility, more choices and lower costs than proprietary networks with open, standards-based switches.
- Disaggregated-hardware/software solutions bring new levels of freedom and flexibility to your data center.
- Support for Open Network Install Environment (ONIE) enables zero-touch installation of alternate network operating systems.
- Your choice of network operating system helps simplify data-center fabric orchestration and automation.
- A broad ecosystem of applications and tools, open-source and Linux-based, provides more options to optimize and manage your network.
- Proven global services and support from Dell help you innovate with confidence.
Ready for software-defined networkingDeploy modern workloads and applications while providing an easy on-ramp to software-defined networking (SDN).
- Support for OpenFlow 1.3 provides interoperability with industry-standard OpenFlow controllers.
- VXLAN Layer 2 Gateway support allows your switches to connect to hypervisor-based overlay networks.
- Third party OS support provides an easy entry point to SDN for part or all of your production environment.
Dell ProSupportChoose Dell’s premium support service, ProSupport, for 24/7* direct telephone and online access to advanced-level technicians based in your region. Whether you have one office or hundreds around the world, protect your investments with this simple yet flexible approach.
Dell Networking S3048-ON
Accelerate applications in high-performance environments with a low-latency top-of-rack (ToR) switch that features 48 x 1GbE and 4 x 10GbE ports, a dense 1U design and up to 260Gbps performance. The S3048-ON also supports Open Network Installation Environment (ONIE) for zero-touch installation of alternate network operating systems.
Dell Networking S4048-ON
Optimize your network for virtualization with a high-density, ultra-low-latency ToR switch that features 48 x 10GbE SFP+ and 6 x 40GbE ports (or 72 x 10GbE ports in breakout mode) and up to 720Gbps performance. The S4048-ON also supports ONIE for zero-touch installation of alternate network operating systems.
Dell Networking S4810-ON
Deploy modern workloads and applications with a high-density ToR switch that features 48 x 10GbE and 4 x 40GbE ports and offers low-latency, non-blocking operation. The S4810-ON also supports ONIE for zero-touch installation of alternate network operating systems.
Dell Networking S6000-ON
Provide high-density switching for top-, middle- and end-of-rack deployments with a 1U switch that features 32 x 40GbE ports or 96 x 10GbE ports plus 8 x 40GbE ports. The S6000-ON also supports ONIE for zero-touch installation of network operating systems.
Your choice of third-party operating systems and softwareEnable business agility and avoid vendor lock-in with third-party OS and software options, including:
- Cumulus Linux OS: Simplify network management, orchestration and automation, and leverage a broad ecosystem of Linux applications.
- Big Switch Networks Switch Light™ OS*: Enable a range of SDN-controller-based fabric solutions, and help reduce cost and complexity.
- Big Switch Networks Big Tap™ Monitoring Fabric*: Tap traffic everywhere in the network for exceptional visibility with an SDN-based monitoring solution.
Cumulus LinuxCumulus Linux is a full-featured networking operating system that enables you to build a modern, scalable and cost-effective data center. Combined with Dell’s open-networking switches, this disaggregated solution offers enhanced manageability, clustering, monitoring and orchestration – many of the same benefits found in virtualized-server environments.
Cumulus OS leverages a large ecosystem of native Linux applications and automation tools, allowing you to adopt innovations and add agility to your data center. Now you can deploy next-generation workloads on feature-rich solutions built on large-scale Clos fabrics and new data-center architectures.
Cumulus Linux 2.0 integrated packages:
- Layer 3 features: Enhanced Quagga IPv4/v6 routing suite (OSPFv2, OSPFv3, BGPv4/v6), Prescriptive Topology Module (PTM), Hardware ECMP Hashing
- Layer 2 features: STP/RSTP, Bridge Assurance, BPDU Guard, VLAN trunks, LACP, LLDP, Ethernet Bridging (VLANs), Link Aggregation (Bonding), IPv6 neighbor discovery, unicast/broadcast, Storm control, Configuring VXLANs, Spanning Tree, Rapid Spanning Tree, configuring switch port attributes, configuring buffer and queue management, virtual router redundancy VRR, IGMP and MLD snooping
- Management: AAA with RADIUS, LDAP, native Linux management tools, image and packet management, Netfilter ACLs
- Monitoring and troubleshooting: PTM, SNMP v2/v3, SPAN/ERSPAN, ACL counters, real time queue-depth and buffer utilization reporting, inventory and log files, ping, trace route, manipulating system ARP cache, traffic generation using mz
- Operating system: Resilient Linux Modular Operating System, zero-touch install with ONIE, in-service software patching, in-service process restart/termination
- Security: ACL, CPU protection
- QoS: CoS based queuing/scheduling (DWRR, strict priority), ingress policing
Big Switch Networks Switch Light OSSwitch Light™ OS* is an SDN operating system that is ideal for building next-generation data-center fabrics. Based on Open Network Linux (ONL), the open-source Linux operating system, Switch Light OS brings modern server or compute models to the network and allows you to adopt a disaggregated-software/hardware solution. It provides powerful automation capabilities that can significantly reduce your operating costs.
Switch Light OS uses ONIE to install onto on-board flash memory and includes standard ONL features such as:
- Debian Linux kernel
- Set of device drivers and installation scripts
- A net-boot-capable, zero-touch networking bootloader
- Enhanced features that optimize headless switch operations
- Ability to increase performance by minimizing writes to flash memory
Big Switch Networks Big Tap Monitoring FabricBig Tap™ Monitoring Fabric* is an innovative network monitoring solution that allows you to tap traffic anywhere in the network and deliver it to troubleshooting, network monitoring, application-performance monitoring or security tools. It offers a practical, cost-effective entry point for SDN and provides optimal visibility and scalability.
At the core of the Big Tap Monitoring Fabric is the Big Tap Controller. This software compiles user-defined policies into optimized flows that are programmed into the forwarding ASICs of "non-OS" switches running the Switch Light™ OS.
Big Tap Monitoring Fabric features:
|Security features and controlled administrative access|
|High performance, highly scalable network-monitoring fabric|