Pack light. Play long.
Built to travel with long battery life — Up to 3rd Gen Intel® Core™ processors, Windows 8 and a 14" screen in a design that’s 8% thinner than the 2011 model. Available with optional touch screen.
The Inspiron 14R with 6-cell battery features 3rd Gen Intel® Core™ processors in a sleek design that’s 8 percent thinner than the 2011 model. So you get all the performance you need, with a little more room in your bag for the other things that matter.
Whether you're streaming blockbusters or tearing up the leaderboards, Intel® Core™ processors give you all the power you need for your favorite Windows 8 apps and games.
At about 1" thin*, Inspiron 14R slips easily into a travel bag for when you’re on the move. Even with a 6-cell battery, it’s so light, the only burden you’ll feel is the burden of greatness.
Style for miles
Brushed-aluminum finish, rounded corners and edge-to-edge glass — you’ll feel more sophisticated just looking at it.
Experience hands-on interactivity with optional touch functionality. The things you do with a mouse and keyboard are more intuitive with touch. Access your email and favorite websites, view and edit your media, and switch between apps, all with the touch of your fingers on the screen.
Find Out More
Watch your movies, games and videos come to life on the Inspiron 14R’s HD Truelife screen, tray-load optical drive and Waves MaxxAudio® 4.0. Plus, you can connect to your HDMI-capable TV or monitor for even more entertainment options.
Find Out More
Foster your creative side or enjoy your favorite media. The choice is yours with the Inspiron 14R, featuring a spacious hard drive, 8-in-1 media card, USB 3.0 and more.
Find Out More
A 65WHr 6-cell battery can help you stay powered up long enough to skip the in-flight movie, polish your presentation and drift off to your favorite music.
We want you to love your new PC for years to come. That's why we test every Inspiron laptop for reliability not just in the places where you expect it, but for the open road ahead.
- Turn up the heat: From locker rooms to locked cars, we test Inspiron laptops for survival in harsh short-term heat conditions of up to 65°C/149°F.
- Everything hinges on it: We test Inspiron laptop hinges to ensure they still feel tight, even after opening and closing the lid 20,000 times.
- Keys to success: We test commonly used keys for 10 million keystrokes and touch pad buttons 1 million times with no failure. So go ahead, finish your novel.
- Buttoned up: No matter what you set your power and multimedia buttons to do, we've tested them all to survive up to 40,000 pushes with no problems.
- Twist and turn: Call us excessive, but after twisting every Inspiron laptop's base and lid more than 25,000 times, we can assure you the parts inside are well protected.
- Always a good fit: You'll probably never need to remove and reinstall your Inspiron's battery 750 times, but you can rest easy knowing that we've tested even that.
Expect moreRest easy. Incredible value is standard at Dell. With services and support that stands out, you can always count on getting much more than just a PC.
Free shipping: Count on extra savings with free shipping and easy returns.*
Quick. Simple. Financing: Get low monthly payments with Dell Preferred Account™*.
Loyalty perks: Join the Dell Advantage program for exclusive benefits.
Expert help: Award-winning service is standard with America’s Best Support.
Complete your Inspiron experience
Your Inspiron laptop is just the start. Look for these great additions when finalizing your purchase.
Your Inspiron laptop comes preloaded with anti-virus and videoconference software to help you stay protected and connected.
Whether you want accessories for work, travel or play, you’ll find what you need at Dell.com. Pick up an ultraslim Dell monitor, a wireless mouse or an all-in-one printer at checkout to maximize your laptop’s mobile potential.
- Mobile Intel® HM76 Express Chipset
Audio and Speakers
- Stereo speakers with Waves MaxxAudio® 4 processing
- Built-in digital microphone
- Tray-loading DVD+/-RW
- 6-cell/3.0Ah (65 WHr) Lithium Ion
- Native HD 1.0MP webcam with digital microphone
- Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2230, 802.11b/g/n + BT4.0
Integrated Ethernet 10/100
Ports, Slots & Chassis
- Externally Accessible
(2) USB 3.0 + (1) USB 2.0
Combination headphone/microphone jack
Kensington Security Lock
AC Power In
Multi-media Card Reader
Digital (SD) Memory Card
Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC)
Secure Digital Extended Capacity (SDXC) with UHS 50MB/Sec
Memory Stick (MS)
Memory Stick PRO (MS Pro)
Memory Stick XC (MSXC)
Multi Media Card (MMC)
Multi Media Card plus (MMC+) Supported in MMC compatibility mode only
Dimensions & Weight
Width: 13.62" (346mm)
Height: 14R touch w/ 6-cell battery: 1.1”-1.3” (27.9mm – 32.9mm)
Depth: 9.65" (245mm)
Starting weight of 5.1 lbs (2.3 kg) with 6-cell 65 WHr battery