Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 12th, 2013 01:00

Boot Options not working on pressing F12

Hi sir/Ma’am, 

There was virus in my laptop (Dell Inspiron 14R N4010), I reinstall the windows by deleting the C: drive, but the virus is still there. So I decide to format complete machine, for that I insert windows 7 DVD in DVD Rom and press F12 continuously to change the boot option, but the boot options does not appears on pressing F12. On changing the boot sequence from Boot setup (window appearing by pressing F2 on startup) and made CD/DVD drive as first boot priority and try to boot the windows from DVD getting following error:

• Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:
  • 1. Insert your Windows installation disc and restart the computer. Choose your language settings and click next.
  • 2. Click "repair your computer"

Expecting your kind help in this regard.

Thanks

Sameer

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

August 12th, 2013 02:00

Hi Sameer,

So far you have performed the right step, please refer to the link below to perform the clean installation.

http://dell.to/Wj9o0m

I hope you find this useful.

2 Posts

August 12th, 2013 04:00

Hi Senthil,

Appreciate quick response , I followed the steps given the article from But I stuck after 3rd step, on pressing F12 the boot options does not available it booting windows from hard drive. I’m not able to boot the window from CD/DVD drive. It will be great help if I’ll get the solution for this m trying  too hard from last two days to get this resolved.

Thanks

Sameer

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

August 13th, 2013 04:00

Hi Sameer,

Thanks for the update; this seems to be an issue with the optical drive or the CD itself. I would suggest you to try with a known good bootable CD (operating system) check if it works?

No Events found!