Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 6th, 2014 02:00

Wireless is disabled when Ethernet is connected

Hello,

I have a Dell Latitude E5440 (Late 2013) and as soon as I plug in the Ethernet something disables the Wireless Radio.

I have checked the hardware Switch and tried to force it on via the Intel ProSet.

This is becoming very annoying!!

Does anyone know how to Disable this annoying "Feature"

3 Apprentice

• 

540 Posts

November 6th, 2014 06:00

Hi peter_sgc,

Thanks for the post! The Latitude E5440 systems can be configured to enable/disable connection to through a wireless network if configured in the systems BIOS.  

The setting can be found by entering your systems BIOS (Restarting the system and pressing When the Dell logo appears on screen)

Navigating to Power Management >> Wireless Radio Control

Here you can enable / disable the feature to sense the systems connection to a wired network and subsequently disable the selected wireless radios (WLAN and/or WWAN)

Thanks,

1 Message

January 15th, 2016 07:00

Hello Shawn,

I disabled this bios feature (Latitude E7440) but still the wireless LAN is disabled when LAN is connected

Exists a DELL power app or Wireless control App for this? (windows 7)

Thank you very much

Wireless Adapter: Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260

1 Message

January 4th, 2017 12:00

I have a E5430 this is what we use for work i would connect the lan go to the Windows 7 "Control Panel --> All Control Panel Items --> Network and Sharing Center --> Change adapter settings --> look for the wifi thats disabled or disconnected --> right click diagnose --> then click fix --> this forces the laptop to enable it even though your wifi hardware switch is on --> it's a known dell issues this is the only workaround i found that works it's a hassle but it works

1 Message

March 23rd, 2017 12:00

Hello Peter. I had the same problem. There is a service in the Windows called "Wired AutoConfig" that you need to disable to the Wi-Fi adapter do not be automatic disabled. Do it, and enable the Wi-Fi adapter, he wont be automatic desabled again.

1 Message

September 3rd, 2019 05:00

Hello rafaelGBC, Thank you a lot for this solution, it actually worked perfectly with the Wireless connections (WiFi). Though, I'm still facing the same issue when i connect my USB modem (cellular connection) and plug the LAN cable the connection to the internet is gone. If you can check this that would be great. adding to the above in the same tab of services where i found the "Wired AutoConfig" and "WLAN AutoConfig" i checked for Cellular and found "Cellular Time" and also enabled it. So please if you have a resolution for this share it ASAP.
No Events found!