Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

2 Posts

November 3rd, 2022 18:00

AW3423DW, flickering fixed with "secret" Nvidia hotfix

Alienware 34 Curved OLED Monitor AW3423DW

Alienware 34 Curved OLED Monitor AW3423DW

I just wanted to let anyone who plays primarily COD (now MW 2022) as I do that after getting frustrated and almost contacting support to get a replacement, I found COD MW 2 2022 was the only game I had the flickering with on this monitor I purchased just days ago.  I then searched further and found there is a GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 526.61 available from the Nvidia support site (but not anywhere on the Nvidia driver download sites) that fixed the flickering video issue that is COD 2022-specific.

Before I found this, I tried doing everything such as disabling G-sync and HDR, turning on V-sync (Eew!) and everything possible to reduce the flickering.  Nothing worked.  I was about to contact Dell, but then decided to try Rocket League and Vanguard both of which ran perfectly with Vanguard using HDR and both with G-sync on.  At that point, I knew it had to be game or driver-related.

My search resulted in finding the hotfix built on the driver release 526.47 which was 526.61.  I express installed and all is well now.

Normally, I would have just brought this back to the store right away but the quality on this monitor is so good that once you get a taste, you don't even want to settle.  I'm so glad the monitor is not the issue. 

If things change, I'll update the post but so far this is the best monitor I've ever seen.  It is definitely next level.

4 Posts

November 4th, 2022 06:00

Hello,

Exactly, the fix has just been released for this problem. Before, you had to install an earlier version to avoid this problem.

No Events found!