Start a Conversation

Unsolved

E

5 Posts

April 18th, 2019 17:00

AW768 keyboard, AWCC no supported AlienFX devices

Just got a new Alienware AW768 Pro Gaming Keyboard.  Basic functions of keyboard work fine but cannot get the Alienware Command Center to function with it.  I have repeatedly installed/uninstalled/reinstalled the Alienware Gaming Peripheral driver (ACCSmartInstaller_7PY4M_WIN_1.1.11.0_A00.exe) but device manger always reports that the AW768 is using a generic Microsoft driver.  Consequently, every time I open the AWCC it reports "No supported AlienFX devices were detected."

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

April 19th, 2019 08:00

NVIDIA/AMD/ INTEL CHIPSET and NVIDIA/AMD/ INTEL USB 3.0 Drivers are required for devices to enumerate properly.

All such drivers must be installed as Administrator AND specific USB malware will prevent devices from installing.

There are many VERSIONS of AWCC but they are NOT universally supported across all models all revisions.

There is no one size fits all.

5 Posts

April 19th, 2019 09:00

Motherboard has an Intel X299 chipset.  This from www.intel.com: "Windows* 8, Windows* 8.1, and Windows® 10 have a native in-box USB 3.0 driver. Intel is not releasing a specific Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver for Windows 8, 8.1, or 10."  Intel chipset drivers are installed and up-to-date.  I am using the version of AWCC available on the Microsoft App Store as per the AlienWare instructions for a non-Dell installation.  The other version available from Dell.com specifically for AlienWare systems will not install.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

"Intel X299 chipset" is not going to enumerate devices properly without F6 mass storage Drivers,  INTEL AMD NVIDIA CHIPSET DRIVERS, USB3 DRIVERS,  etc.

So you are trying to use AWCC on a NON ALIENWARE machine.  This is not supported by Dell or Microsoft.

5 Posts

I do not believe your statement is accurate.  This is the title of an entire section of instructions from the Dell Support page concerning AWCC:

"Installing the Alienware Command Center Software From the Microsoft Store (recommended for non Dell Branded computers)"

So AWCC is in fact supported on non-AlienWare machines by both Dell (above) and Microsoft as evidenced by the fact that AWCC is distributed through the Microsoft App Store.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

April 19th, 2019 11:00

Hi @equip

Check this:

https://dell.to/2UuwCSK

You can also test the KB on another computer and try different USB ports.

5 Posts

April 19th, 2019 13:00

Those are the instructions I am following except toward the bottom the instruction is given to install the Alienware Control Center  from the Microsoft Store but it is no longer available there.  This is in addition to the Alienware Command Center.  It really seems like the problem lies in the Alienware Gaming Peripheral driver despite the fact my system insists it is already installed.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

April 23rd, 2019 08:00

5 Posts

April 23rd, 2019 10:00

AlienWare Support just had me install version 5.2.0.0 of AWCC (dell.to/2UB4NIq) that, and a reinstall of the AlienWare Peripheral Gaming driver got me going.

Thanks for the help!

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

August 21st, 2019 18:00

So I bought the Alienware AW768 keyboard and AW959 mouse for my custom built PC.  You're saying because I don't have a Alienware computer I don't have the ability to set keyboard or mouse colors?

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

August 22nd, 2019 08:00

Hi @Rambler358

Check the: Installing the Alienware Command Center From the Microsoft Store (recommended for non Dell Branded computers) section of this article:

https://dell.to/2P8K3u6

1 Message

August 11th, 2020 02:00

i brought and installed the acc for the aw768 after many problems got it fixed now there is a new one and that is my keyboard doesn't show up in he command center

No Events found!