Unsolved

Closed

RE

1 Rookie

• 

9 Posts

June 8th, 2023 10:00

AWCC wants to update

So for the past couple of days AWCC wants to update.  Every time I turn the computer on it pops up asking to update, I keep pressing no because my prior experience with this program tells me it will break the control center and i will need to spend hours trying to get it to work so I can get the colors on my machine back to what I want.

My question is, can I somehow disable the program that keeps asking me to update.  I am not sure which program keeps asking me to update AWCC but I would really like it to stop.

6 Professor

• 

6.4K Posts

June 8th, 2023 13:00

It's a windows push, for sure.

It started today for me, and I never installed AWCC on this system. Looks like as soon as Windows sees anything that is labeled Alienware, it pushes AWCC on you...

Not going to install AWCC to control the lights on my monitor. That's ridiculous, especially since the lights are at the back of the monitor. I don't even see them...

1 Rookie

• 

9 Posts

June 8th, 2023 13:00

@Vanadiel  really?  So in your task manager below the background processes and into the windows processes you don't have (probably right at the top) AWCC.Service running??

4 Operator

• 

2.1K Posts

June 9th, 2023 09:00

I am also very reluctant to let AWCC update once I get a working version, but I just let the latest update install for Area-51 R5 and it included a firmware update, which is scarier that usual.

6 Professor

• 

6.4K Posts

June 9th, 2023 09:00

I am going to look tonight, but I hope not since I never installed AWCC on this machine.

The only Alienware thing I have is the monitor, and I never installed AWCC on my computer because you can control the lights from the OSD menu and I don't really care about RGB lights on a monitor anyways.

6 Professor

• 

6.4K Posts

June 9th, 2023 11:00

So interesting. The day I updated the firmware for my monitor, is also the day according to the Windows package manager that it installed AWCC services.

How interesting. It's all gone now...

2 Intern

• 

272 Posts

June 9th, 2023 12:00

I did the update from.46 to .48 on my Aurora R13. It went reasonably smoothly, for a change. I used the Dell full installer package, and did a hard shutdown, power disconnect, and flea power discharge before restarting. The W11 store updates happened shortly thereafter. I did the update with OC1 turned on in the BIOS. With all that, everything is working OK this time around. As always, YMMV.

18 Posts

June 9th, 2023 14:00

I received the update from "Alienware Update" when I checked and I updated AWCC on my R12. It went smoothly. No issues whatsoever. AWCC.Services.exe and AWCC.exe appear in "services" in the Win 11 task manager. 

Later, I received a notification from "MIcrosoft Store" telling me the same. I assume that this is what you are trying to get rid of.

No Events found!