Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

January 24th, 2018 19:00

AlienFX, constantly resets me to Energy Save mode

This is driving me absolutely nuts, I have been having the issue since I got the computer. It constantly resets me to power save mode. I have set it for performance more times then I can count, but every single day it puts me back in power save mode. I have changed the settings both through the AlienFX software as well as through windows itself, nothing I do prevents me from getting put back into power save. Fix it or put standalone software for lighting and thermal controls.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

January 25th, 2018 07:00

For us and our users to assist you, it would be helpful to know the following =
* What specific Alienware model?
* What Operating System is installed?
* What AWCC (Alienware Command Center) version is installed?
* Have you uninstalled the AWCC, rebooted the system. Then installed the version from our File Library and retested?

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

January 25th, 2018 12:00

Hi @RevSin,

How do you know is the AlienFX the one that is resetting the system back to Energy Save Mode, are you getting a message? What's your system model and revision?

Make sure the BIOS is up to date.

You can also try a power drain: unplug every external device from the system (including the power cable) and hold the power button for around a minute.

Finally, uninstall and reinstall the Command Center by following ALL the steps on this article: How to Remove and Reinstall the Alienware Command Center

3 Posts

January 26th, 2018 06:00

It is an Alienware Aurora R7 that just arrived this december. Bios is up to date, I will go ahead and do a power drain, though it seems unlikely that will work as this has been an issue from out of the box. And will go ahead and reinstall command center. There is no system message, however having combed through the forum this is a VERY common issue for most people trying to use Alien FX, I have tried previous tips that seemed to have worked for others, to no avail.  I will attempt to try your suggestion and let you know if it works...i'm not holding my breath.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

January 29th, 2018 11:00

Let us know!

No Events found!