Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 17th, 2021 11:00

Aurora R10, Randomly Turns On

My new R10 arrived yesterday and everything went smoothly, seems to be running perfect. The only weird thing is it randomly turned on by itself today, does anyone know of any specific settings that could've caused this that I can change? Anyone else had this happen and if so how did you resolve? Wondering if I'm better off leaving the PC on consistently? Any help would be appreciated.

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

Under power options, there should be a setting to disable wake timers (if you are so inclined to disable it). 

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

It could be a wake timer for windows updates. 

March 18th, 2021 09:00

Thank you very much.

1 Rookie

• 

378 Posts

April 15th, 2021 02:00

I have disabled that setting. I have upgraded the BIOS to the latest version which according to Dell is v2.1.2 and it still turns on by itself. I read a thread on Reddit that this is a quirk/bug in the Ryzen BIOS. Some PC's do it and others don't. I also read on Reddit that if you have this problem it will turn itself on at the time you flashed the BIOS. I can't confirm the above as to why some R10's just power on automatically.

I've just gotten to the point that I unplug my R10 at night because if I don't it will continue to run and not go into sleep mode because to get to the desktop I have to enter my password. So the PC never gets a chance to enter sleep mode. Other than that everything else works.

6 Professor

• 

6K Posts

April 15th, 2021 03:00

I had this problem, this is the fix:

-Enter bios and enable the setting that wakes up the computer, and pick a day.

- Save, reboot and enter windows.

- Reboot, enter bios again and disable the setting.

It will now stop turning itself on each day.

2 Posts

April 15th, 2021 11:00

I have this exact issue and it goes away by doing what Vanadiel just stated above. No need to keep physically pulling the plug :). It does come back after each bios flash so just need to keep repeating the mentioned process once after each flash. Annoying but manageable.

No Events found!