Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

1 Rookie

• 

39 Posts

April 12th, 2021 18:00

Aurora R10, ordering 2 x VRM heatsinks (top and side)

Hi,

I have read conflicting reviews that for the top VRM, the smaller heatsink (spare part #J46J2) will not bolt on due to the misleading observation that the "holes" on the motherboard are not exactly screw in slots?

Can anyone please help confirm that? If they are simply holes, how did folks manage to attach the smaller VRM heatsink?

Can anyone also help confirm the p/n's for the side and top VRM heatsinks which will fit in my R10 Ryzen ?

Side Heatsink: part #4D5V9

Desc: ASSY,HTSNK,VR,CPU,RYZEN

Price= $12.99 before taxes

Top Heatsink: part # J46J2

Desc: Assembly,Heatsink,Video Resolution,Central Processor Unit,95 W,R5,

Price= $10.15 before taxes

Thanks for any help!

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

April 12th, 2021 20:00

I haven't seen any reports on here of people unable to screw in the top VRM heatsink on an R10.  Can't verify if that is the case though or not. 

In the R5-9 motherboard, there were non-threaded holes for a smaller VRM heatsink, but none of the units shipped stock with one, so if someone tried to bolt it on, there'd potentially be that problem. 

The R11/12, comes with a L shaped heatsink, which only bolts on the left hand side (no mounting on the top). 

The R10 is unique because it has separate bolting for the top and side VRM heatsinks. 

You should check your motherboard to verify if there's threading in the holes before ordering.  If there is, you should be good to go.  If there isn't, you'd need another piece to attach the VRM (in addition to a screw) and should verify if the VRM set comes with that piece.  

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

April 12th, 2021 20:00

Also note with the R11/12, the hole spacing (between mounting points) is longer than for the R10 for the side mount longer VRM heatsink.  

No Events found!