Start a Conversation

Unsolved

L

1 Message

May 12th, 2020 05:00

Aurora R10, yellow light, powers off

I recently purchased an R10, upon setting up I booted into windows and shortly the screen went black, back to Alienware logo, and rebooted. It did this several more times before giving me an error code for a failing HDD (2000-0161). The machine was running off an m.2 NVMe drive, so I removed it and put in a standard 3.5" hdd and installed Windows there. Same issues with constant black screen and rebooting continued. 

Eventually I reset the m.2 drive to factory settings, and was able to get into Windows and stay there for ~6 hours. After that the black screen and reboot continued. I started getting the 5 yellow flashes on boot, which indicates CMOS problems, so I replaced the battery. Now I get two yellow flashes followed by one flash. I don't know if that combination means something together or if it refers to the memory module and Mobo errors. I've tried reseating memory, cleaning everything, and no luck. 

One suggested solution for 1 yellow flash is to flash the BIOS but the PC won't stay on long enough for me to do that - I did reach the UEFI BIOS flashing screen and was able to select my desired file before the system rebooted again. Even if I can run it I risk causing more damage if the PC reboots in the middle of flashing. Does anybody have any ideas short of sending the unit back to Dell?

No Responses!
No Events found!