Start a Conversation

Unsolved

AR

39 Posts

February 20th, 2021 12:00

Aurora R11, Bluetooth disappeared, SA installation failure

I have two huge issues.

1. My bluetooth disappeared from my Alienware Aurora R11 Desktop PC. Also, the Bose Soundbar 700 that you sent me didn't have audio jack cables and only had a useless optical cable. I tried to run the Bluetooth Troubleshooter in "Settings - Troubleshooter Settings - Bluetooth" on my PC. This troubleshooter says "Device does not have Bluetooth. Bluetooth is not available on this device. Please try using an external adapter to add Bluetooth capability to this computer." 

2. My Alienware R11 Aurora SupportAssist has "Get Drivers and Downloads - 2 Updates Available." This update appeared 2.5 weeks after my Bluetooth stopped working and is likely unrelated. I cannot update two things: 1. SupportAssist OS Recovery Tools and 2. Alienware Aurora R11 System BIOS.

I ordered an audio jack for my Bose Soundbar 700 in the meantime hoping that works. I'm upset that I cannot use MobileConnect since my Bluetooth is completely broken. This has been the most frustrating 7 months of ownership between the MobileConnect connection issues being the buggiest thing ever before I complained in my prior forum posts about all my issues (it worked up until my bluetooth disappeared once something was fixed).  You guys didn't even let me know about the Power outlet so im plugging my $4000 PC into the wall outlet that wasn't powerful enough for it. This has been so annoying. 

6 Professor

• 

6K Posts

February 20th, 2021 13:00

I have never heard of a consumer desktop computer that needs a special power plug due to the power it draws.

Power sockets and plugs are designed so you cannot plug a device into a socket that requires more power than the socket can handle.

So if it fits in the socket and it trips out the circuit, you either have the circuit overloaded with other devices, or there's something wrong with the device you are plugging into the circuit.

As for the other issue, some more information would be required to troubleshoot it.

For R11 drivers, you can always download the latest drivers directly from https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-ca/product-support/product/alienware-aurora-r11-desktop/drivers

It will automatically detect your service tag and display all up to date drivers that apply to your R11.

I have an R10, so I cannot see the drivers for the R11, but I am sure Bluetooth drivers are listed there.

Installing those might fix your problem. There's also 2 options of Bluetooth connectivity when you order the R11: either Dell Bluetooth or Killer Bluetooth. You would have to download the corresponding drivers.

Bios updates I would only perform using the manual downloaded files, not the auto update feature. As always, be careful with bios updates and perform them at your own risk. I do not think you need a bios update to fix your Bluetooth issue, just a driver update/reinstall.

February 20th, 2021 17:00

this is the most annoying worded reply ever i want a numbered list step by step

6 Professor

• 

6K Posts

February 20th, 2021 17:00

1. Go to  https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-ca/product-support/product/alienware-aurora-r11-desktop/drivers

2. Let it detect your service tag, if it does not do this automatically already.

3. Download latest listed version of Bluetooth drivers.

4. Install those drives.

5. Reboot and pair your Bluetooth devices.

1 Message

October 4th, 2021 01:00

Hi There i have just experience the same problem and now have thankfully solved it after a lot of time going through every possible scenario. how i got it back was to up date the BIOS even though it had the latest version already in my R11 hope this helps.  

No Events found!