Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 1st, 2022 18:00

Aurora R11, Dell Driver update not working

Alienware Aurora R11

Alienware Aurora R11

Dell driver update not working on Dell website, or Alienware Application, says not available, or no internet connection. And I am surfing the net at the time? You would think that they would get this fixed PRONTO, but no. Been that way for a week or more. Common Dell, you can do better than this.

6 Professor

• 

6K Posts

September 2nd, 2022 09:00

Sometimes the website had technical difficulties. Any errors logged in the Event log?

I would suggest reinstalling/installing the latest version of the driver update application. You can get it from the official Dell drivers download site: Dell Drivers You can sort by date so the latest version would be the one listed first. It received it's latest update on August 24th.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

Thanks for the report.

However, I wonder what "Dell or Alienware Driver Updates" you are expecting to get for an Aurora-R11 ?

BIOS/Firmware Updates you can get directly from the Aurora-R11 File Support area. Due to it's age (and it being a consumer-focused system), there shouldn't be to many more of these anyway.

Doesn't your version of Alienware Command Center update itself ? However, if it's working... my experience is to to mess with it.

Motherboard and related drivers come from Windows-Update.

Video-drivers are from Nvidia.com or AMD.com

What else is there?

307 Posts

Not that old of a computer. Application worked fine until recently. I have received BIOS, NIC, and video drivers from Dell update. When you update manually, it shows drivers that have already been installed so it is confusing. If Dell is putting out the application, it should work as advertised.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

September 2nd, 2022 10:00

@vpresley83 wrote:

1. Not that old of a computer.  Application worked fine until recently.  I have received BIOS, NIC, and video drivers from dell update.  When you update manually, it shows drivers that have already been installed so it is confusing.

2. If Dell is putting out the application, it should work as advertised. 

1. Thanks for that additional info.

2. Agreed. Oh boy, do I know. I've found it can be challenging to get bug-reports of Dell Apps back to developers or admins (of back-end systems) that can really fix anything.

I don't use Support-Assist or Dell/Alienware-Update. I was just trying to give you some ideas for a temporary work-around.

You can try posting here, as it is so problematic, it has it's own area:

https://www.dell.com/community/SupportAssist-for-PCs/bd-p/supportassist-pcs?ref=lithium_menu

1 Rookie

• 

676 Posts

September 2nd, 2022 10:00

Yeah somtimes you got to go into apps then see what version is installed before download. Thats what I usually do and to my surprise it was automatically  downloaded.

307 Posts

September 2nd, 2022 11:00

Hi

Did that.  Changed the interface quite a bit, but it does work now.  Thanks for the suggestion.

307 Posts

September 2nd, 2022 11:00

Vanadiels suggestion worked.  All good.

17 Posts

September 6th, 2022 09:00

I have had problems with Support Assist not loading up. It took several tries to work. Not sure if that is your problem too. I just assume it's a server issue.

Community Manager

• 

239 Posts

September 6th, 2022 10:00

gave you extra 50 points

6 Professor

• 

6K Posts

September 6th, 2022 12:00

The other thing that sometimes happens is that the update being applied opens a new window, and that window is hidden behind the support assist window and you cannot see it.

So users think it does not work. But it actually does. Just have to alt tab to the background window.

No Events found!