Unsolved

E

1 Rookie

• 

20 Posts

August 10th, 2020 12:00

Aurora R11, front fan replaced Noctua NF, error

Hello,

I decided to replace the front fan with Noctua NF- A12x25 PWM 120mm Premium Fan. After replacing, I started up my PC to Pre-Boot System Performance Check screen. In this screen, the computer tested both top and front fans. I get a message stating that the Front Fan failed to respond correctly (Error Code 2000-0511). The front fan is running with no problem. Anybody know what is going on?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 10th, 2020 12:00

@ECJoker19    The front fan is running with no problem. Anybody know what is going on?

The Pre-Boot System Performance Check detected a non-Dell OEM fan. Ignore it.

Any improvement in the noise level with the new fan?

1 Rookie

• 

20 Posts

August 10th, 2020 13:00

Well the fan speed dropped from 11% to 9%. How do I get rid of the message from the start up? The Pre-Boot System Performance Check message keeps popping up everytime I start the computer. It seems a bit quieter than the stock fans.

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

August 10th, 2020 16:00

It's a safety feature, Dell's bios won't let you disable the message and check.

But I've never heard of the front fan header triggering this error on a noctua.  Did you remember to plug the front fan into the front fan header (and not for example the cpu fan header which is guaranteed to not like that particular fan). 

1 Rookie

• 

20 Posts

Yeah, I plugged in the slot where I unplugged the stock fan from. All I did was replace the fans, everything else as in the right place.

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

As an aside I have that exact same fan plugged into my front fan header, but I have the prior gen z370.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 10th, 2020 17:00

@ECJoker19 

Yes, this would be the first reported instance of which I am aware of a properly connected front fan throwing a start-up error.

You were considering some other mods if I recall; perhaps a push/pull radiator sandwich?? What other fans do you have and to what mobo headers are those connected?

1 Rookie

• 

20 Posts

August 10th, 2020 18:00

The start up error went away after I restarted my computer a couple of times. I also want to mentioned that I went to AWCC and changed the overclock settings from 1 to 2 (pre-made overclock) and then changed it back. This caused my PC to restart. I don't know if that was the cause or if my computer recognized there wasn't any problem with the front fan.

In regards to the push/pull configuration, I will use 2 Corsair ML120 Pro (Non-RGB/LED). It will arrive tomorrow on Aug 11. I have a Y-Splitter which I will connect the fans to the pins that my current stock fan is connected to. 

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

August 10th, 2020 20:00

Cool, glad it got sorted out.  Yeah, the A12x25 is nice because it comes with the Y splitter.  

1 Rookie

• 

20 Posts

August 10th, 2020 21:00

I think I spoke too soon.... The start up error came back and I don't know how to get rid of it.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 10th, 2020 22:00

@ECJoker19   The start up error came back and I don't know how to get rid of it.

Just wait until you do the push/pull configuration and see how it works at that time. If it doesn't get fixed with a little trouble shooting, you can consider converting the Noctua to a 3-pin fan. It would run constant speed at 2000 rpm, or 1700 rpm with the adapter. Either speed would be more quiet than the Corsair fans.

9 Posts

January 29th, 2021 18:00

@ECJoker19 Did you manage to resolve your bios error concerning the Noctua NF-A12x25 front fan?

71 Posts

January 30th, 2021 07:00

Of course I can't speak for ECJoker19 but I ended up removing my Noctua from the front fan position due to start up error and another weird thing it was doing. I hated to because I did experience better cooling quieter operation. I reinstalled my ML120 pro in the front position. Eventually I want to try a fan splitter and install a noctua in the hard drive position above the front fan. On two separate occasions I have unplugged the top fan (I currently have a ML120 pro in that position as well) and just plugged the noctua in the top fan header. I did not get any boot errors, so hopefully I'll be able to install the noctua in that position without issue.

3 Posts

April 18th, 2021 09:00

Sad to hear it wasn't resolved. I just finished installing Noctua NF A-12's both on top and front of my R11 and I too am getting the pre-boot check. I really wish that could go away. I mean, I don't shut down that often but still.

3 Posts

April 19th, 2021 06:00

The Top Fan as well. I replaced both, but booted in between after installing the top fan.

2 Intern

• 

676 Posts

April 19th, 2021 06:00

So the Corsair ml-120 pro are the ones to use for the front fan upgrade that the R11 will except.

thanks

No Events found!