Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R

4 Posts

June 2nd, 2020 17:00

Aurora R11, new, order status?

Does anyone else have this frustration? I just bought my new Aurora R11 which I am super excited about however my ship date has an ETA of July 9th but I got an email from order support saying 

As per our records, your order is in the final stages of production and is estimated to be delivered to you by <7/9/2020>.

Expedite request has been made for the product to be delivered, you should receive an update within 24-48 hours.

Does "final stages of production" mean that it should be finished being built and then will be tested? They said they had a no shortage of parts on my order and I would think it shouldn't take till July 9th for my order to get here right? 

Just super weird and what does this expedite order mean? I already had expedited shipping. 

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 2nd, 2020 20:00

@runnindoofus   < - -  Just super weird

So you ordered an R11 with a ship date ETA of July 9 . . . and then you got a follow-up email from order support indicating an estimated delivery date of . . . wait for it . . . July 9.

WOW . . . that is super weird.     

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

June 2nd, 2020 21:00

@runnindoofus wrote:

Does anyone else have this frustration?

Expedite request has been made for the product to be delivered, you should receive an update within 24-48 hours.

Does "final stages of production" mean that it should be finished being built and then will be tested? They said they had a no shortage of parts on my order and I would think it shouldn't take till July 9th for my order to get here right? 

Just super weird and what does this expedite order mean? I already had expedited shipping. 

I guess in this situation I would probably wait the 24-48 hours for the promised update to see what Dell has to say 

June 3rd, 2020 08:00

Looks like I am getting it before June 16th! Awesome! 

June 3rd, 2020 10:00

I am so excited lol! I may have been a little impatient. It has been awhile since I have owned an Alienware as I had a laptop for a long time, but I am pumped for this new system!

10th Gen Intel Core i7-10700K (8-Core,16MB Cache,up to 5.1GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology)

NVIDIA GeForce RTX2080 SUPER 8GB GDDR6 (OC Ready)

512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD (Boot) + 1TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage)

Dark Side of the Moon chassis with High-Performance CPU Liquid Cooling with and 1000W Power Supply

Killer(TM) Wi-Fi 6 AX1650 (2x2) 802.11ax Wireless and Bluetooth 5.1

16GB Dual Channel HyperX(FM) FURY DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz

Yeah I was ecstatic after hearing that lol! I might be a little impatient but I am so excited for this machine as it has been awhile since I have had an Alienware. I had a laptop for many years.

My specs are:

10th Gen Intel Core i7-10700K (8-Core,16MB Cache,up to 5.1GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology)

NVIDIA GeForce RTX2080 SUPER 8GB GDDR6 (OC Ready)

512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD (Boot) + 1TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage)

Dark Side of the Moon chassis with High-Performance CPU Liquid Cooling with and 1000W Power Supply

Killer(TM) Wi-Fi 6 AX1650 (2x2) 802.11ax Wireless and Bluetooth 5.1

16GB Dual Channel HyperX(FM) FURY DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

@runnindoofus    Looks like I am getting it before June 16th! Awesome!

Great News.

What components did you get in your new R11?

2.2K Posts

June 3rd, 2020 13:00

Congrats! Enjoy the new rig!

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 3rd, 2020 14:00

@runnindoofus  

Yeah, I can see why you are excited . . . that looks like a real nice system. If you don't mind sharing, post some photos when she arrives . . . inside and out.

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

June 3rd, 2020 20:00

I'd really like to see photos from someone who bought the 2080S with the gpu liquid cooler.  

1 Message

June 4th, 2020 15:00

Congratulations, that is definitely a nice rig!  I ended up ordering a white Aurora R10 3900X system, almost same as yours, little more storage and RAM, but essentially same specs, just AMD.  With the way high end PCs are these days, yours will last you a long time and yours is a beast!  

I just ordered mine 2 days ago and yeah it ships supposedly in early July.  I look forward to getting it!  My last desktop PC upgrade was an Intel based X58 system I originally built back around 2010.  It has been so long I forget lol!  

My desire to self build PCs are long past now and after doing research on PCpartspicker, the Auroras seems to be a great value.  Enjoy your new machine!

1 Message

June 4th, 2020 16:00

When did you place your order? I placed mine on May 21st and it said it’d be here by June 24th. It still says confirmed and I’ve asked for updates through text and email, but I haven’t received a thing so far. The customer support says it’s in production and it’ll be on time, but it’s just crazy I can’t get a real update from anyone. 

June 9th, 2020 12:00

Same here Warshock  . I placed my order the same day as you. 10900KF & 2080S (liquid cooled). No updates or anything.

1 Message

June 9th, 2020 17:00

Hello runnindoofus,

I read your post.

I ordered the Aurora R11 at the beginning of the month, just like you, and was provided with an estimated delivery date of 1 month.

According to my Order Status, the PC was put together relatively quickly at the assembly plant. However, the bottleneck is getting the product to the customer. Shipping services may be slowed or backlogged due to the current coronavirus situation and distribution center staff may be taking measures to reduce human contact among staff. This may result in reduced capability to deliver orders in a timely manner.

On the Dell Order Status page, there is a notice in big fonts stating that product delivery may experience significant delays.

Also, all popular PC retailers are experiencing large influx of orders as people are staying home due to the current situation and are buying laptops and computers left and right. Most computer stores in my city are backordered or out of stuck due to the surge in demand for laptops

I suggest remaining calm and patient, and busy yourself with other hobbies until your PC arrives.

Cheers

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

June 9th, 2020 21:00

Also the R11 just came out.  If you want something ready to ship get an R9 from BestBuy (they are prebuilt and ready to go). 

372 Posts

June 10th, 2020 06:00

My R11 was ordered on 5/19 with a 6/26 delivery date.  Just says confirmed and no emails

I have a 2080ti that will replace the 1650 card. and a 3080ti when they come out

32GB Dual Channel HyperX(FM) FURY DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost)

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4GB GDDR5

1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

and adding a 10 gig network ethernet card.

No Events found!