Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 28th, 2020 18:00

Aurora R11, very loud after 5-10 minutes of very quiet

I just got a brand new Aurora R11 today with liquid cooled CPU and GPU. Opened it up. Plugged it in. Turned it on. Prompt me to give a minute for windows to set it up, asked me my region etc. Was extremely quiet during this. Then got to the home screen and after about 5 mins there is this very loud rattling or clicking noise that sounds like its rotating. when i restart the computer you can hear it slow down and get quieter and than speed back up. When I shut down the computer you can hear it go quiet. CPU and Graphics ae liquid cooled. I tried Thermal settings in AWCC and nothing changed the fans or noise. Temp stays at a 29c for everything, and fan speed is 28 percent for top fan and 12 percent for front fan. Will I have to pay if dell comes out and replaces a fan? if that is the issue. How can I tell if my CPU is liquid cooled. IN AWCC it shows my graphics card is but i cant find it anywhere for my cpu or under cpu. But in my packing slip it says cpu liquid cooling. THANK YOU very first PC EVER so I don't wanna mess with it. 

I fixed it! I opened the side panel and some wires got loose during shipping and were on some fan. I tucked them away to the side like I saw in the pictures. Everything was plugged in that should. This thing is so silent now I can hear my cat purring over it. Both liquid cooling CPU and GPU. 

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

@DMahlMcFadden   

This is good information for the next user that has a similar experience. Now they know to open the case and check for wires that may be touching a fan blade.

1 Message

January 7th, 2021 10:00

Hi there!

I have the same issue unfortunately but no loose wires and Dell tech said the noise seems "normal" but I've noticed the difference you've described. Would you be able to provide a video of your pc please so I can compare the noise level?

Thank you so much.

No Events found!