Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 20th, 2022 15:00

Aurora R13, AWCC, not detecting Xbox Game Pass games

I recently received my Aurora R13. The AWCC (Alienware Command Center) detected most games that I installed with the exception of Xbox Game Pass games. All of those games are installed in C:\xboxgames\. I can browse to the specific folder and find the executable, but AWCC will not open it. I get the following error "You don't have permission to open this file.". I have done a lot of research online, and it appears this has been an issue for a while. I tried taking ownership of the folders and a merlad of other solutions, but none have worked so far. Nvidia GeForce Experience detects them without issue.

3 Posts

May 25th, 2022 07:00

Update:

Since posting I have been able to find a way to work around the issue.  By manually adding the "gamelaunchhelper.exe" from "C:\XboxGames\" to AWCC it is now detecting when I launch a game.  The problem here is that it now associates all Xbox Game Pass games with a single profile as they all user the launch helper.  While this will work for now, it is still not an ideal solution to the problem.

• 

25.7K Posts

May 21st, 2022 09:00

We tried reaching you on a private message asking for the Service Tag number to ascertain the warranty but did not receive a response. Please feel free to reply to the private message whenever you are available.

3 Posts

May 22nd, 2022 00:00

Sent

10 Posts

August 13th, 2022 22:00

I was able to come up with a solution to the problem since I posted. The "gamelaunchhelper.exe" from "C:XboxGames" has been manually added to AWCC so that it can now recognize when I launch a game. The issue here is that because they all utilise the launched assist, all Xbox Game Pass games are now ready linked to a single profile. Although this will function, for the time being, it is still not the best way to solve the issue.

No Events found!