A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 1st, 2022 09:00

Aurora R13 + four Noctua fans = startup error

Alienware Aurora R13

Alienware Aurora R13

The stock fans that come with the Aurora R13 are extremely loud. I replaced them with four Noctua fans and for the past 9 months I've had nothing but random fan errors on startup. Sometimes it's the front, or rear or lower rear or both. I have to reboot 5 times for it to work, or it may magically work the first time. I have gone through all solutions mentioned in this forum. What is the workaround for this? Is there a BIOS update finally coming to address this?

4 Operator

• 

2.1K Posts

October 1st, 2022 14:00

Try holding down the ESC key when you press the power button to see if it will skip the startup diagnostic test.

6 Professor

• 

6.4K Posts

October 1st, 2022 14:00

No, and I doubt you will ever see this change. These systems are very picky when it comes to fans...

1 Rookie

• 

436 Posts

October 1st, 2022 20:00

do a custom profile and put the fans at a 33% offset.  I have five noctua fans in mine and might get the error after a overclocking test crashes lol.  If I'm not doing any adjustments, and running it at regular core ratio, voltages, etc., I don't get the fan errors.

6 Professor

• 

6.4K Posts

October 2nd, 2022 07:00

I hope they fix this fan issue with the R15. We have been stuck for several generations with poor aftermarket support for fans and there really is no reason for that in this day and age.

4 Operator

• 

2.1K Posts

October 2nd, 2022 08:00

Nobody is mentioning the specific Noctua fan model they are using. There are many, from super quiet to industrial strength, and their interaction with Dell's proprietary nonsense will be different.

6 Professor

• 

6.4K Posts

October 2nd, 2022 09:00

That is very true. Some do work without an issue. I upgraded the fans on my R10 to Noctua's.

Hey, maybe the R15 will come with Noctua's instead of 4,000 RPM industrial fans.

4 Operator

• 

2.1K Posts

October 2nd, 2022 10:00

Hey, maybe the R15 will come with Noctua's instead of 4,000 RPM industrial fans.173-1739661_smiley-lol-emoticon-laughter-clip-art-laughing-pointing.jpg

6 Professor

• 

6.4K Posts

October 2nd, 2022 13:00

I know, but I always try to be positive. If I remember correctly there once was actually a collaborative project between Noctua and Alienware.

Noctua makes some of the best fans in the business, and since Alienware makes some of the best gaming systems in the business I see it as a match made in heaven.

No Events found!