Start a Conversation

Unsolved

IK

1 Rookie

• 

176 Posts

January 25th, 2022 04:00

Aurora R13, just gave me a heart attack

Just went into the BIOS to ensure the Overclocking option was off as I see no reason to OC a high end machine. As I selected Performance Options it hung and the mouse stopped working. I could do nothing with it and after an hour of looking up solutions gave up and used the power button to switch it off, which it did instantly and with a loud click.

My heart attack moment was for the next two full minutes it refused to respond, it was completely dead. I tried removing the power cable and replacing but nothing. Eventually I removed the power cable and held the power button in for 20 seconds then replaced the power cable and hey presto it booted.

I have never had the side off it so I do not understand why it did this, can anyone help? The machine is less than a month old. I also have constant "your being throttled at 91%"  messages from various programs despite my power options being correct.

6 Professor

• 

6K Posts

January 25th, 2022 05:00

I suggest to contact dell-cares for warranty inquiries.

I would not wait to long as warranty is time sensitive.

Please do not post your private Service Tag in public. Click the blue DELL-Cares username. Their profile page will appear. On the right click, "Send this user a private message". They will need the private PC Service Tag to check your purchased warranty status, components, etc.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

January 25th, 2022 12:00

@Iain K Mackay wrote:

1. Just went into the BIOS to ensure the Overclocking option was off as I see no reason to OC a high end machine.

2. As I selected Performance Options it hung and the mouse stopped working. I could do nothing with it and after an hour of looking up solutions gave up and used the power button to switch it off, which it did instantly and with a loud click.

1. Agreed. These machines are way-fast already (at stock speeds). I see no use to red-lining it and running it into the ground for an extra 5% performance.

2. Locking-up inside the UEFI-Boot-Environment or the BIOS Settings is NOT-GOOD. Likely bad AC-Power or a Hardware-Problem.

Are you running the latest BIOS? Only thing is, don't update BIOS if machine seems unstable (as you will likely brick-it/kill-it).

1 Rookie

• 

676 Posts

January 27th, 2022 08:00

Totally agree that these Auroras do not need to be overclocked just set to High Performance when gaming. Intel Thermal Velocity boost automatically goes to 4.8-4.9 GHz. Just enable xpm2 in bios or Ram2 in AWCC. 

No Events found!