Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

5 Posts

December 25th, 2018 06:00

Aurora R5 some USB ports not working

Hi,

I noticed often that my keyboard will sometimes disconnect or not respond (default lights on sometimes) and won't work unless I unplug and plug it back in.

Today I noticed that it wasn't responding at all, and when I replugged the entire thing in, tried it, didn't work, restarted my PC, unplugged it, tried it, didn't work, I then plugged my mouse into the first USB port.

The port seems to be entirely dead. No lights come up on the mouse, no USB detected. All other ports seem to be working fine, save for the first 2.0 port on the back, and the first 3.0 port on the back.

The first 3.0 port seems to be going out the same way, disconnecting here and there, needing to unplug and replug back in. I had a hard drive in the first port, but I've moved it to the second port and I haven't had to unplug it at all.

Windows is up to date, I reinstalled my OS a few months ago, the SSD I put in a few weeks ago disconnected once, and I had to unplug that and plug it back in. It almost seems like the motherboard isn't having a good time.

What could be causing this issue, and how can I find it?

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

December 26th, 2018 20:00

Hi, 

Have you tried updating your Bios to the latest version 1.0.16 ?

5 Posts

December 26th, 2018 21:00

Yes, everything is up to date. SupportAssist checks done. Nothing is out of date.

Is most recent bios not 1.0.18?

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

December 31st, 2018 06:00

Hi, Thanks for confirming this. It could be a hardware issue, send me your Service Tag in a private message so we can check the available repair options.
No Events found!