Start a Conversation

Unsolved

AM

1 Rookie

• 

5 Posts

January 11th, 2019 06:00

Aurora R7, AWCC, AW768 Gaming keyboard.

I have an Alienware Aurora R7 desktop running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.  I also have the AW768 Gaming keyboard. I’m using the Dell version of Alienware Control Center and Alienware Command Center. Not the Microsoft Store versions.

I want to set the keyboard lights with the Control Center because one has better control of what color you want the keys to be.

But every time I set a color scheme via the Control Center, when the keyboard lights turn off and then turn on again, I have the keyboard set to time out after 30 minutes of inactivity, the color scheme is lost. It starts using a color profile from the Command Center!

I don’t understand AlienFX and the relationship between the control center and the command center. And I don’t know what “sync” means between the keyboard and case. "Sync" is on the command center. Dell doesn’t supply a user guide for the Control Center.

But my main problem: how to make a color scheme made in Control Center "stick"?

I have deleted and reinstalled Command and Control Center software.

Thanks

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

January 14th, 2019 20:00

Hi, 

Please check on the taskbar, and right click on the icon "Alienware AlienFX: Alienware.ath", then click on "Keep Status Zones On During Go Dark" so it has the tick next to it. After this test to confirm if the issue persists. 

1 Rookie

• 

5 Posts

January 15th, 2019 05:00

Thanks for the suggestion.  It makes sense.   I will test it out.   Don't know why Dell support didn't suggest it when I spoke to them on the phone...twice.

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

January 16th, 2019 17:00

You're welcome, let us know how it goes. 

372 Posts

January 19th, 2019 16:00

I have an area51 R5 and the 768 keyboard.  Command center does not see the keyboard

372 Posts

January 19th, 2019 17:00

I found this.  Go to this page, download the driver that makes the command center "see" the keyboard.  Also update the bios of the 768 while there. 

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/alienware-pro-gaming-keyboard-aw768/drivers

No Events found!