Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R

5 Posts

November 24th, 2018 09:00

Aurora-R7, Build delays

I ordered an Aurora computer on October 10, 2018. Since that time, I have had conflicting information and delays. The current new estimated time of delivery is between December 7-12 - a full two months since it was ordered. I'm trying to run a business and need that computer.  And the main problem is that I cannot get any consistent information.   I have contacted Dell in several different ways.  

1) Chat on 11/16:  I asked if the computer is still shipping on time.  I was told there is a "part shortage."  He couldn't tell me what part.  He told me to call the order modification department.  I was never informed by Dell of any part shortage or pending delay. 

2) Facebook Alienware site:  I sent a PM to Alienware on Facebook on 11/16.  The agent told me the following: "At this time there is an unexpected delay with the order and right now we are taking the steps to escalate this matter and get it expedited. Please allow 2 to 3 busniess days for the next update on your case." 

3) I called Order Modification Dept on 11/19:  They told me there is no part shortage and the computer will be shipped by Nov. 22nd and arrive by the 27th.  I asked if I could change the processor from an i7 8086 to an i9 9900 and was told that the computer is already built and no modifications can be made. 

4) I never heard back from Alienware Facebook after 2-3 days as they said, so I contacted Chat again on Nov 23rd. They told me that my Aurora was still in PRE-production and that there is no timeline when they might start building it.  I asked what part is delaying it and he advised me to call Order Modification. 

5)  I called Order Modification on Nov 23 and asked them what is causing the delay.  I was told there is NO delay and my Aurora is ready to be shipped.  He said the Thanksgiving holiday delayed the shipment.  He checked on the actual shipping day and told me that my computer is scheduled to be shipped on Nov.26 and I should receive it by Nov 28.  

6) On November 24, I logged into my account and noticed a new expected ship date of December 4 with an expected delivery of between December 7-12. 

7) Contacted Chat again on Nov 24.  I was told that my computer has not begun production yet and that the part they are waiting on is the graphics card. He said they will not begin production until that card is in stock - and there is no date of when that might occur. He said the new expected delivery is just an estimate of when it might be. 

What is going on with Dell? I am disturbed by the lack of communication and the conflicting information that I'm getting from different sources. 

Any advice on what I can do? 

5 Posts

Thank you. 

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

The Customer Care section is the best forum section for the problem.  This section is primarily for helping existing users with problems. 

https://www.dell.com/community/Customer-Care/bd-p/Customer-Care?ref=lithium_menu

November 25th, 2018 00:00

They can't put (or won't put, due to lack of bios support) an i9 into an R7...so I don't get that part of your post.

Other than that, yikes, I would be tempted to consider a refund before it's too late.

6 Posts

November 28th, 2018 07:00

I have the same issue with you. I ordered my Alienware R7 on October 29, and supposed to ship on today, November 28 and receive on 30. I call them today, they told me on the page did not show delay yet, but they are sure it will delay because they don’t have the graphics card. But 7 days ago, they told me they already have every part, just waiting for putting everything together. Does a desktop need a month to put on together and delay again and again? And their customer service is not helpful. I don’t understand why such a big company have a **bleep**ty CS. They never give us the correct information!

1 Rookie

• 

231 Posts

November 28th, 2018 09:00

My R7 was delayed last March because of video cards also I had to wait a month then it was all set. The reason and assume still the issue is mining and bit coins these groups buy up tons of video cards which hurts us who want a system when ordered. Hopefully you guys get it soon. Its a killer rig.

November 30th, 2018 00:00

(edited my post: removed details about customer service experiance) 

I was shopping for a new PC. I connected with a chat rep when I was viewing an Aurora R7 i7 8700, rtx 2070. 2tb hd, 128 ssd. 

I was comparing component parts with Ibuypower and a few other custome pc websites. 

Long story short; I had a rough customer service experiance - in addition to this, my order has been delayed (I understand its due to unavailable component parts) 

December 4th, 2018 20:00

I was contact by a Dell rep via e-mail. My order has been shipped. A delay of only about a week - not bad considering the number of orders that Dell must have received

6 Posts

December 7th, 2018 07:00

Hi, did you already receive your computer. My computer keep delay again. I ordered on 10/29. They told me ship day is 11/30. Then I got delay message said 12/11-14. Now get delay again. 12/17.

No Events found!