Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

August 20th, 2018 05:00

Aurora R7, Corsair Hydro Series H80i V2 compatible?

I recently bought an Aurora R7 with an air cooler. I was thinking of changing it to a liquid cooler. Is Corsair Hydro Series H80i V2 Liquid CPU Cooler suitable replacement?

October 19th, 2018 19:00

Just finished installing it into my R6. So to answer, yes it fit and is compatible, however it’s a super tight and there is a work around you need to do to get a USB connection to the liquid cooler. The stander USB mini to a 9 pin DuPont won’t work because the Alienware motherboard doesn’t have any extra USB 2.0 header but a simple USB mini to a Type A would solve that problem. Just wire that to one of the USB ports in the back. You’ll also run into an issue where you’ll be promoted with an message error every time you boot your computer because the top fan is recommended to be plugged into the liquid cooler so you can control it through the Corsair Link. You can probably just leave the new fan plugged into the top fan on the motherboard to avoid this and control the fan through the Alienware Command center if you don’t want to have to deal with that message every time you boot your computer. Other then that I think that’s it! It works and it’s an awesome mod that I thought wouldn’t have worked due to the lack of info on this topic. But it is worrisome because of how tight the fitment is when you try closing the PSU in. There are gonna be some tension when closing it.

3 Posts

March 22nd, 2019 18:00

Hi,

I purchased Corsair H80i V2 but  I am not able to fit the radiator with 2 fans in the space available.

It bulges out and does not allow me to close the power supply box.

Do you use the bracket from existing top fan?

Please help!!

2 Posts

April 20th, 2019 00:00

Did you manage to fit it? Any issues?

April 24th, 2019 13:00

Unfortunately you'll have to roll with just one fan. The cage that houses the radiator just isn't large enough to room the 2 together. Just be sure to mount the 1 fan underneath the radiator to push the air out from within the chassis. 

January 19th, 2021 19:00

i can confirm this actually works. i didnt have to plug in the USB because the mobo already manages the power distribution. you just wont get RGB which is useless anyway on this computer. 

for sure youll only be able to use one fan. but ive ran this hard in benchmarks and still havent cracked 80 degrees. 

hose placement is tricky, youll basically have to corkscrew it to keep from putting too much pressure on the cpu. but there will be pressure on the cpu, just not a lot.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 19th, 2021 20:00

@Pepsishine  i can confirm this actually works

That is awesome! Can you drop some photos of your mod?

No Events found!