Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

175 Posts

December 9th, 2018 03:00

Aurora R7, fitting Corsair H60 water cooler

Being put off after reading posts stating there are space issues when fitting a Corsair water cooler, I finally bit the bullet and had a go yesterday. So some tips to anyone else attempting it. Ensure you have the service manual at hand and there is a good video on how to take the casing apart, makes it look far easier than it is. I prised the left side panel off using a pair if cutlery knives fitting in the gap near tabs, 2 needed as the blade on one would flex. The top cover is two parts, make sure you don't remove the very top cover (the shiny black one as opposed to matte cover with the handle) by mistake as I did, this ended up breaking 2 of the 4 tabs trying to refit it .... but would not have happened if the complete cover was removed, as there would be access to pop the tabs in from underneath, oh well :( The rest is pretty straightforward, don't forget to press the power supply test button which discharges the supply. The hoses are reasonably flexible and the optimum position I found to avoid stress on the cooler pump and other components when the power supply unit is closed is as below. where's the attach photo option gone? 

175 Posts

December 9th, 2018 03:00

h60.jpg

9 Legend

• 

12.2K Posts

December 9th, 2018 17:00

Any picture has to be approved by a moderator before they show up on the forum. By tomorrow it should be displayed as this is a weekend.

175 Posts

December 10th, 2018 12:00

no it's there, for some reason I did not get option to insert picture but the replay allowed it.

798 Posts

February 5th, 2019 10:00

Nice install!

Thanks for the pic.

2 Intern

• 

402 Posts

February 5th, 2019 12:00

What CPU, and what are your temps running the H60? If you have an 8700k, it'd be nice to know your idle, plus OC1 and OC2 temps on Prime95.

Oh, and the top cover on mine pulled right off.  Start from the rear, and the whole piece lifts off showing the exposed radiator cage.

4 Posts

March 30th, 2019 16:00

As you said you did, I also accidentally removed the top of the top cover, but cannot get it back on whatsoever. I also have been unable to find the tabs or release them to remove the top. How do I put the top top back on, and where are/how do I release the tabs? -Thanks

No Events found!