Start a Conversation

Unsolved

IL

5 Posts

January 21st, 2019 11:00

Aurora R7, won't shut down

I have an Alienware Aurora R7, Windows 10 - on shutdown everything turns off except the tower which hangs and will not power off unless forced. I have tried; reset of windows 10, disabling fast start up, updating bios, re-flash of bios, video card driver update. Only changes from stock build; H75 Corsair single loop and radiator liquid cooler on CPU to replace air cooler. Any ideas?

175 Posts

January 21st, 2019 11:00

I assume the connector for the pump is connected to socket marked PUMP and radiator fan to TOP_FAN and not CPU_FAN.

January 21st, 2019 13:00

Pump wire to the pump header, top fan to the top fan header and bottom radiator fan to the CPU header

2 Intern

• 

402 Posts

January 21st, 2019 15:00

My post doesn't answer your question, but I'm curious if you're getting any ePSA or BIOS boot errors with your fans?  What sort of radiator fan are you using, and do the fan blades spin up on initial power on when connected to the TOP_FAN motherboard header?

January 21st, 2019 16:00

@amstel78 wrote:

My post doesn't answer your question, but I'm curious if you're getting any ePSA or BIOS boot errors with your fans?  What sort of radiator fan are you using, and do the fan blades spin up on initial power on when connected to the TOP_FAN motherboard header?

No ePSA opr BIOS boot errors with fans. Stock top fan but switched out CPU heatsink and fan for 120mm single loop radiator h75 corsair water cooler. On boot I hear the pump start and water start flowing and fans spin too.

One of the headers on the motherboard is 4 pin but the 3 pin fits and still powers - not sure if that makes any difference?

2 Intern

• 

402 Posts

January 22nd, 2019 08:00

Ok thanks.  That makes sense as you didn't change the top fan from stock.  

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

January 22nd, 2019 10:00

@I like to sleep wrote:
I have an Alienware Aurora R7, Windows 10 - on shutdown everything turns off except the tower which hangs and will not power off unless forced. 

If Windows is crashing, hanging, or becoming unstable on Shut-Down ... there might be a clue in Reliability Monitor history.

No Events found!